Another guess which synth game (Pro53)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its sunday, so how about a little guessing game ;)

Here are 13 sound snippets slowly revealing the synth, only thing used in the mix is limiter and the internal FX of the synth.

I'll talk some more about this synth when someone has done a proper ID.

Sound nr. 13 is not a total give away but close ;)

http://www.synthtronic.com/demos/GuessMe1000.mp3

/Michael

EDIT. revealed which synth Pro 53
Last edited by mkastrup on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

i'm going to say ultra analog. it has that slightly 'thin' character.

do_androids_dream wrote:i'm going to say ultra analog. it has that slightly 'thin' character.
Agree Sounds Like UA-1

I Love the fake cool guitar at 1'00

:tu:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

+1 for UA-1

It's got that recognizable AAS physical modeling character :)

Sounds like there might be some differential glide in the portamento of 13 - is that the give away?

Not UA-1, not AAS :?

Much lighter on CPU. But guess i can say it belongs with the OLD VA's :)

It's audjoo_helix! I knew this without even listening to the DEMO! What prize do I win? :)

[I bet it's a Pro 53]
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote:It's audjoo_helix! I knew this without even listening to the DEMO! What prize do I win? :)
Not Helix :)

K, the reason for me doing this little guessing game was that i was a bit surprised that Pro 53 was able to do stuff other than the normal sync, unison presets.

I've had this one on my harddisk for god knows how long and i never really used it, mainly because most presets when browsing was more or less the same. So i decided to explore and see if i could come up with something that not had the typical Pro 53 mark written all over it.

This one and FM7 are the only 2 things coming out from Native which i would call (proper VA) the other Native stuff since the release of Pro 53 and FM 7 have more been like Virtual Digital ;) except for a few select Reaktor ensembles.

I really think that Native should pick up Pro 53, use the same low CPU engine and add some more mordern features. I know its a discontinued product now but would have loved to see a Pro 53 Mark II.

R.I.P Pro 53

/Michael

I love my Pro 53 and don't use it nowhere near enough as I should.

Wow .. seems like I totally underrated this nice oldie!

Your playing is really nice. Better than some 'tracks' that get uploaded. I listened all the way through. Impressive sounding Synth too but I think the talent behind the keys has a lot to do with that.

Aloysius wrote:Your playing is really nice. Better than some 'tracks' that get uploaded. I listened all the way through. Impressive sounding Synth too but I think the talent behind the keys has a lot to do with that.
Talent or not talent, i know its very important how a user percieve a given sound since the sound is supposed to set you off to a new inspiration. All the small themes i played where very simple except for the Wurly in the intro ( had to do that a few times ;) ). Pro 53 is a very easy instrument to understand and thus play, the velocity switch is horrible for most parts so i leave it off and in general its more or less about how long you hold a note and which notes are being held. Cant be more simple than that and if thats talent then i guess we have a lot of talents around everywhere :) I might be wrong but i do believe its the sound that takes you places.

/Michael

Very nice sounds and playing. As usual.

This bit confuses me, however:
mkastrup wrote:This one and FM7 are the only 2 things coming out from Native which i would call (proper VA) the other Native stuff since the release of Pro 53 and FM 7 have more been like Virtual Digital ;) except for a few select Reaktor ensembles.
This seems to say that you consider FM7 to be a VA synth -- am I reading it the way you intend? (And yes, I do know it has a filter operator allowing subtractive synthesis, but it's pretty utilitarian, hardly an analog-modelled wonder; Massive IMO can produce much more convincingly analog results, although it too offers plenty of digital flavors.)
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

PaulSC wrote:Very nice sounds and playing. As usual.

This bit confuses me, however:
mkastrup wrote:This one and FM7 are the only 2 things coming out from Native which i would call (proper VA) the other Native stuff since the release of Pro 53 and FM 7 have more been like Virtual Digital ;) except for a few select Reaktor ensembles.
This seems to say that you consider FM7 to be a VA synth -- am I reading it the way you intend? (And yes, I do know it has a filter operator allowing subtractive synthesis, but it's pretty utilitarian, hardly an analog-modelled wonder; Massive IMO can produce much more convincingly analog results, although it too offers plenty of digital flavors.)
Heh heh well right beside me i have a TX802 and i can tell you that it behaves pretty analog like sometimes ;) I know the term Analog used with FM7 or DX 7 is misleading, but i hope you understand what i'm getting at :) Thats also why i put the proper VA in () :)

Return to “Instruments”