... Developer Challenge '09

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's some good stuff here for sure ... liking "Amphetamine" very much. I haven't tried any of the effects out yet. Later :hyper:

The synths are mostly pretty good, but not new development-wise. That'll cost em a few points.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I like that moog emulation...

Are you serious, 95% of the contest is pc only.
michat wrote:
But some mac-only stuff.

WHY????????????

:cry:

Yes, it "is" rather "good", right?

All joking aside, I must say I was dissapointed by the large dose of synths. I mean, is it not a good idea to try to stand out, in these contests?
I'm quite pleased to see the ones that did something else though, and I'll certainly be trying those out!

good job, everyone

Mighty Pea wrote: All joking aside, I must say I was dissapointed by the large dose of synths...
huuuuWhutt?!!

yoo scared, yoo scared!!

:D :D
ImageImageImageImage

very sad, the one that looked promising for my needs on a mac (lisarock amp), will not pass validation in Logic 9. i may have to open up garageband to at least hear what it sounds like.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Yea, lisarock failed on Reaper (PC) too. I thought it was a problem on my end. Anyone else?

I here-by call for the abolishment of the duel-platform woes by demanding action to dissolve this long battle between Macintosh and Windows. Only by locking these two entities in a room might they make up and usher in a new era of easy cross-platform and cooperative bliss. Enough is enough with the segregation of plugins between these two! Join the fight by locking a pc and a mac in a room until they fall in love and breed a new offspring capable of bringing with it the vast library of windows with the stability and arrogance of Mac.

Glory to the bastard child!!

ThunderDrums wrote:I here-by call for the abolishment of the duel-platform woes by demanding action to dissolve this long battle between Macintosh and Windows. Only by locking these two entities in a room might they make up and usher in a new era of easy cross-platform and cooperative bliss. Enough is enough with the segregation of plugins between these two! Join the fight by locking a pc and a mac in a room until they fall in love and breed a new offspring capable of bringing with it the vast library of windows with the stability and arrogance of Mac.

Glory to the bastard child!!
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are friends in real life.

Macs stable - yeah, right. Every Mac I ever owned crashed more than my PCs.

Anyway, what would be nice is a cross platform development systems. Create on PC, renders to both Mac and PC. Create on a Mac and it renders to Mac and PC.

That would solve all problems IMHO.

I am going to joing the DC'10 next year. I have almost a year to hone my skills and get ready.

Mike

cosmosis wrote:Yea, lisarock failed on Reaper (PC) too. I thought it was a problem on my end. Anyone else?
Not tried with Reaper yet, but it fails to load in FL9 and is on Tracktion 3's plugin ignore list.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Do they even still make Macs!?

But seriously, all the Macs I ever owned (and I've had dozens!) were wonderful and performed beautifully in the graphics and general art-related fields! But musically... a little clumsey, compared to the dark side.

The DC'09 looks very promising, to me! Good to see some unusual ideas and many attempts at working a bit outside the box. Haven't had time to explore any yet, but excited about the time when I can! THANKS DEVS!!!

SciFiArtMan

topaz wrote:looks like the Mac devs where on vacation when this started.
All too apparently. Less Mac stuff than ever before (quite strange, given the somewhat raised popularity). And then, the amp sim doesn't authorize with Logic.

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Just started checking out the entries in this years challenge. We have been blessed with a whole slew of really cool stuff!
This may be the best field yet. I for one would like more time to evaluate these?

Most of all my sincere thanks to all contributors for you time and efforts.
MRT

Mighty Pea wrote:All joking aside, I must say I was dissapointed by the large dose of synths. I mean, is it not a good idea to try to stand out, in these contests?
I'm quite pleased to see the ones that did something else though, and I'll certainly be trying those out!
There were comments in both DC06 and 07 about FX less likely to do well than synths because a noise maker is more immediate than a noise processor. :shrug:

I went with a simple synth this year beacuse I've entered 3FX in DCs and fancied a change. SynekDC is purposely simple and can make resonably substantial sounds, odd funky stuff, thin..

wrt Mac, My code is portable, and I have every intention of doing a version for it (both VST and AU), but even if I get it done within the next month I don't know if it can be slipstreamed into the comp (prob not!)

DSP

Return to “Instruments”