U-he ACE!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

morelia wrote:Every time I shut FLStudio 9.01 down, with ACE on a track, FLS freezes. It does this without fail. Apart from that it's running without a problem. Great sound.
Still happening.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:
morelia wrote:Every time I shut FLStudio 9.01 down, with ACE on a track, FLS freezes. It does this without fail. Apart from that it's running without a problem. Great sound.
Still happening.
FL Studio 9.03 is out; perhaps that would help? It fixed a problem I was having with Jamstix 2.

Echo Voodoo wrote:
morelia wrote:
Still happening.
FL Studio 9.03 is out; perhaps that would help? It fixed a problem I was having with Jamstix 2.
It's still the same with 9.03. Was worth a shot though.

This seems resolved. I had Electri-Q on a track in FLS9 and it was after that I added ACE. I discovered I couldn't delete Electri-Q from the track without crashing the project, so I uninstalled it and then removed it. Seems that was causing the problem. Weird considering I added it long before I was trying ACE. Anyhow, crisis over.

Howard wrote:
kobal wrote:Urs would it be possible in the futur to have pan for each stacked voice? i miss these stereo detuned sounds with ace but not sure it could be implemented in the synth
You can already do that using the mapping generator in Alternate mode. Set the number of steps in the map to the number of stacked voices you are using, connect mapper to pan and tweak away at the map values.

Edit: Forgot to mention - mode has to be RETRIGGER.
Thanks Howard !

I can confirm that sometimes i have issues closing FL Studio when ACE is loaded. It happens only with ACE so far.

kmonkey wrote:I can confirm that sometimes i have issues closing FL Studio when ACE is loaded. It happens only with ACE so far.
For everyone having issues on Windows, I made a special build that opens a message when something weird happens:

http://www.acesynth.com/download/ACEdbg.zip (.dll only)

Please check it out and let me know if anything pops up...

Thanks,

;) Urs

This isn't critical at all but if I have Ace at small, large or cinematic sizes I get white vertical lines appearing on the GUI if I drag Ace outside of the screen horizontally and back, and the same but horizontal lines if up or down. This doesn't happen in the other resolutions. Thanks.

Can you Urs reduce cpu usage? I rly like this synth but that cpu usage is annoying me :(

Also i dont like that ACE stole my space button in FL Studio. Example if i browse presets or tuning knobs, then try to push space to return my playback cursor on the begin, it wont do it. Have to mouse click on step seq selection to "free" my space button :x

keel wrote:Can you Urs reduce cpu usage? I rly like this synth but that cpu usage is annoying me :(
Didn't you read the caveat on the ACE website? It says very clearly that, while ACE is highly optimised, it DOES use a lot of CPU and users with older machines need not apply.

On my Macbook Pro, I can only play two keys simultaneously on some patches, but I was warned, wasn't I? It's the price you pay for the modular structure and the superlative sound.

No need to be annoyed. Just buy a modern computer. ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Well.. I have Quad 9550 :wink:

keel wrote:Can you Urs reduce cpu usage? I rly like this synth but that cpu usage is annoying me :(
It's unlikely. The beginning of the manual says it best:
A.C.E. Manual wrote:Most digital synths handle audio signals and modulation signals differently. Audio signals are normally evaluated at a sample rate between 44100 and 96000 Hertz, while modulation signals have to make do with 1000 Hz or even less (often called the "control rate" of the synthesizer). ACE is very different in this respect. While the oscillators feature more than 500 times oversampling, all signals - including modulation - run at least twice as fast as the host application's sample rate. And this is only the lowest of ACE's quality settings!
ACE does not differentiate between audio signals and modulation/control signals at all. Any Cable Everywhere - you can plug any of the 24 signal outputs into any of the 30+ signal inputs and expect it to work just like a vintage modular hardware synth.
The sky is NOT the limit - all modulation can work beyond the limits of human
hearing. For instance, the LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) can be set above 20 kHz, and still modulate e.g. the pulse width of an oscillator. This gives you a sonic freedom previously reserved for expensive analogue hardware. Either or both LFOs can be used as audio oscillators in their own right (e.g. for crystal-clear FM sounds). Conversely, the VCOs can be used as alternative LFOs, i.e. they can be set as low as 0.00 (zero) Hz. Note: DC components are quickly removed from the VCO outputs, so their shapes when used as LFOs might not be as you would expect.
The high CPU usage is designed into the very core of how A.C.E. works. The fact that the LFO's go well into the sonic range should give you an idea of what's required.

On the bright side computers will keep getting faster. ;)

bmrzycki wrote:The high CPU usage is designed into the very core of how A.C.E. works. The fact that the LFO's go well into the sonic range should give you an idea of what's required.

On the bright side computers will keep getting faster. ;)
There are plenty of lower cpu synths that have the limitations that lower cpu use dictates. If some presets in ACE can only be monophonic, then that is still worth it because it provides qualities that you cannot get otherwise.

keel wrote:Well.. I have Quad 9550 :wink:
Yeah i have a Q9450 over clocked to 3.2 GHZ and im still feeling the crunch :shock:

say this wasnt made for an i7 cuz its a monster Omnisphere status

I have an I-7.

:D

dw

Return to “u-he”