:D

dw
:evil:

sophtrazor wrote:
dusted william wrote:I have an I-7.

:D

dw
:evil:
Bah, he'll be crying when you get your I-2000.

Spitfire31 wrote:
keel wrote:Can you Urs reduce cpu usage? I rly like this synth but that cpu usage is annoying me :(
Didn't you read the caveat on the ACE website? It says very clearly that, while ACE is highly optimised, it DOES use a lot of CPU and users with older machines need not apply.

On my Macbook Pro, I can only play two keys simultaneously on some patches, but I was warned, wasn't I? It's the price you pay for the modular structure and the superlative sound.

No need to be annoyed. Just buy a modern computer. ;-)

/Joachim
And use track freeze and bounce to audio often. :wink:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

can the ACE do a 303 sound?

generalstargazer wrote:can the ACE do a 303 sound?
It's got a few 303 type sounds but the filters don't react the same. But then i've only just started digging into it and there are probably ways to program it to sound like more like one. Try the demo. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

generalstargazer wrote:can the ACE do a 303 sound?
Check the Bass/UH Teebee preset as a base. The idea is to use two filters in series, where the second filter is used as a waveshaper to create those acidic 303ish distortions.

I just bought this today. I'm utterly impressed! The simple feature list is definitely deceiving, as i can see alot of possibilities after fooling around with it for a bit.

I do have one criticism though - when using stack mode, if you trigger your song to play - it seems as though all the stacked oscillators begin in phase, and slowly find their way out of phase into the kind of territory you want.

It would be great if the synth could initialise with the stacked oscs out of phase automatically. Rendering songs using stack is a little painful - if i want to lose that laser 'deeww' sound on the first triggered notes, I have to pre-empt it and place a pattern of the instance before the song truly begins to 'set it right'.

If i'm not being clear enough I can post an mp3 example.

But yes, that's my only criticism so far - utterly loving the sound of this beast, and loving the freedom to experiment with modulation without it ever sounding crappy and limited like so much other software out there!

The full berlin modular will surely be a sight to behold...

Hey Plug,

Thanks mate!

I'll look into the phasing. I might fix that in a small update some time early next year.

;) Urs

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying ACE for the first time and damn it's great!!!

I'm just wondering how to do a tremolo effect with it?
i've tried connecting the lfo's to the input beside the VCA1 volume but it does'nt make any sound when i do that...
Can someone tell me how to do a volume modulation from lfo's?

Thank's
Vinz

Yes indeed the CPU hit is substantial.

However the sound is absolutely stunning, the interface is superb! Urs has created a wonderful instrument.

Hugo

vinz89 wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying ACE for the first time and damn it's great!!!

I'm just wondering how to do a tremolo effect with it?
i've tried connecting the lfo's to the input beside the VCA1 volume but it does'nt make any sound when i do that...
Can someone tell me how to do a volume modulation from lfo's?

Thank's
Vinz
There are some variations on this approach, but normally you'll send your signal (e.g. filter output) to a multiple, then hook up an LFO to the Mod input of the multiple. Finally, send the output of the multiple to a VCA.
In that case, you're using the LFO as an audio input into the VCA.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Impressive synth. Has something sweet in it's sound. I will buy this soon and look forward to the bigger Modular next year. Congradulations URS on a job well done!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

I'll tell you, while the lego video is fun to watch, I wouldn't mind a couple of tutorial vids. I mostly get it but I feel I'm missing some of the less obvious tricks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

yep, I have to say ACE runs just ace on my i7 920. I have yet to see a single patch consume more than 6% cpu.Most are 1-2% , and thats with my (light) host's cpu use included.(128 sample buffer, HT on, best quality. With HT off, a single patch can use as much as 10% cpu. I wouldn't call that cpu heavy at all! :P

zerocrossing wrote:I'll tell you, while the lego video is fun to watch, I wouldn't mind a couple of tutorial vids. I mostly get it but I feel I'm missing some of the less obvious tricks.
What about a tutorial vid with frequent cuts to a headshot of a Lego person? Best of -both- worlds.

( Just goofing off here, sorry for lack of real content )

Return to “u-he”