U-he ACE!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:I'll tell you, while the lego video is fun to watch, I wouldn't mind a couple of tutorial vids. I mostly get it but I feel I'm missing some of the less obvious tricks.
This is what I'm going to do within the next 3 months. I'm trying to not develop and concentrate on just writing/filming tutorials/manuals etc instead.

zerocrossing wrote:I'll tell you, while the lego video is fun to watch, I wouldn't mind a couple of tutorial vids. I mostly get it but I feel I'm missing some of the less obvious tricks.
For the moment you could watch Urs' videos about Bazille, which is closely related. Especially the one about the wonderful "multiples". Find parts 1, 2 and 3 here:
www.youtube.com/user/UrsHeckmann

hey just bougth the ace synth how long does it usaly take to get the code from uhe :)

Straight away, maybe its gone into your spam email box
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

ok gona look for it but yeah nothing yet

darkdream wrote:ok gona look for it but yeah nothing yet
No sale has come in for a couple of hours... what payment method did you choose?

Oh... and ShareIt is doing something on the server today. They say that this doesn't affect sales, but maybe it does cause a few delays...

In any case, send me an email to anybody@u-he.com if you don't hear anything within the hour.

;) Urs

ok thanx

ok have big problems login into the site where i can look at my order
tryed firefox chrome and ie and just cant log into the side whit my email and login

I don't know much about signalpaths. Would learning and playing around with U-he ACE be a good way to learn about that? Would the knowledge aquired that way apply to hardware synths also? If someone trapped me in a basement with an old hardware synth with cables and asked me to do various things (get this or that sound) or he'll shoot me, would having spent time with U-he ACE be of benefit then?

yeah sure!

i'm not having many problems with ACE since i've learned semi-modular synthesis with my Korg MS20... :D

That sounds pretty cool. Not only getting an instrument, but also an educational tool. Maybe they should make that part of the advertisement (maybe it is, haven't read too closely).
Last edited by JohnDX on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

double post

On some pads it uses up to 50 of my CPU on one core and like 20% on the other core. Sure it sounds great but in a mix you can't tell the difference between this and a synth that uses a lot less CPU like Zebra. If you are working on a song with several other instruments and effects ACE just isn't worth it in my opinion. I just wish it didn't use so much cpu :(

generalstargazer wrote:On some pads it uses up to 50 of my CPU on one core and like 20% on the other core. Sure it sounds great but in a mix you can't tell the difference between this and a synth that uses a lot less CPU like Zebra. If you are working on a song with several other instruments and effects ACE just isn't worth it in my opinion. I just wish it didn't use so much cpu :(
That's the price you have to pay for analog-style patchability. Especially pads are more the domain of Zebra2, Ace is very "special" :!:

@generalstargazer: ACE isn't intended as a bread-and-butter filler sound machine. Instead you use it for delivering that very special ultra-expressive lead sound playing an unforgettable hookline which makes your production a hit.
Otherwise you can also render/flatten/freeze/whatever-your-daw-calls-it the tracks containing ACE to take the burden away from the CPU.
The modular concept (any cable everywhere) and the vast possibilies of audio-rate modulations make for outstanding and unique sounds.
I'm willing to pay the price of huge CPU impact for the ability to sculpt characteristic sounds far away from anything "bread and butter".

Return to “u-he”