U-he ACE!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Howard: Word!
You were just a bit quicker than me...
;)

Also remember that doing polyphonic complex pads on a real modular system would take a LONG time to patch and you'd need tons of modules meaning it'd be extremely expensive. Modulars are usually thought of as mono machines, not polyphonic.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanks for clearing that up guys. When i use it for bass or lead tracks the cpu goes down quite a bit. No more pads for me!

generalstargazer wrote:Thanks for clearing that up guys. When i use it for bass or lead tracks the cpu goes down quite a bit. No more pads for me!
Some pads sound great on standard or even draft mode, but you are right, in most cases Zebra will cover pads well for less cpu.

I can't wait until CPUs are able to keep up with ACE. When I can run an 8 voice polyphonic patch with 'many' voices enabled I will be a very happy person. Hardware will become obsolete and no one will be able to drag me away from the computer.
I am fine with the amount of CPU ACE uses because it sounds so damn good. Eventually it will be a non-issue. :oops:

shit I didn't mean to resurrect this thread... my bad

loquat wrote:I can't wait until CPUs are able to keep up with ACE. When I can run an 8 voice polyphonic patch with 'many' voices enabled I will be a very happy person. Hardware will become obsolete and no one will be able to drag me away from the computer.
I am fine with the amount of CPU ACE uses because it sounds so damn good. Eventually it will be a non-issue. :oops:

I do that already... I play it in standard or draft to record the midi, then render in high quality... easy enough

loquat wrote:I can't wait until CPUs are able to keep up with ACE. When I can run an 8 voice polyphonic patch with 'many' voices enabled I will be a very happy person. Hardware will become obsolete and no one will be able to drag me away from the computer.

not far away me thinks
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

risome wrote:not far away me thinks
agreed. It will be soon. (until then we have Freeze) :hihi:

Urs wrote:Hehe, I couldn't resist to add vocals to that strange demo tune

He Loves My Pies

:hihi:
My five year old daughter is now going around the house singing, "No matter what you say, no matter what you do, I just won't fall in love with you..."

:D

Even more cpu intensive..

load lag included..

unangular wrote:Even more cpu intensive..

wtf? wtf? wtf? awesome skin!!!

Did you make it? please share!!!!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Can the oscillators be used as LFO? I set the oscillator's parameters like that of LFO but it didn't work as expected.

reppinghades wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 pm Can the oscillators be used as LFO? I set the oscillator's parameters like that of LFO but it didn't work as expected.
Yes, of course they can - but you will have to patch it up differently i.e. defeat the default routing. It's an adventure!

Howard wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:30 pm
reppinghades wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:37 pm Can the oscillators be used as LFO? I set the oscillator's parameters like that of LFO but it didn't work as expected.
Yes, of course they can - but you will have to patch it up differently i.e. defeat the default routing. It's an adventure!
Screenshot 2023-12-23 221218.png
Screenshot 2023-12-23 221301.png
Both oscillator 1 and LFO 2 are set to sync rate 1 and LFO works as expected by modulating the phase mod depth but Oscillator doesn't really produce any modulation when its connected. If I increase the sync rate of oscillator 1 to 16+ I start hearing it affecting the phase mode depth. What am I doing wrong here? I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Looks like the VCO outputs have a DC blocker, even when the tuning mode is set to Herz or Sync. I'm surprised! I'll ask the guys in Berlin (but won't expect a response until after the holidays).

Return to “u-he”