Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's alright!

Ace free patches just added to the patch library:

"Happy Holid-ACE 2023"

Enjoy!

Howard wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:39 pm Looks like the VCO outputs have a DC blocker, even when the tuning mode is set to Herz or Sync. I'm surprised! I'll ask the guys in Berlin (but won't expect a response until after the holidays).
Any updates regarding this bug fix?

It's not a bug. The synthesis principle used in ACE' oscillators does simply not work without DC blocking.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:54 am It's not a bug. The synthesis principle used in ACE' oscillators does simply not work without DC blocking.
Right! So, can the oscillators be used as LFOs when the actual LFO's being used as sound generators?

Also, in the future update, it would be helpful if we could connect cables to the scope and see what the source is doing, just like in hive.

yes, both VCO's can be used as LFO's, and VCO 1 has a triangle shape. Also, the ramp can be used as an LFO; and it can be synced to DAW clock vs seconds on the tweaks page.

pummel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:29 am yes, both VCO's can be used as LFO's, and VCO 1 has a triangle shape. Also, the ramp can be used as an LFO; and it can be synced to DAW clock vs seconds on the tweaks page.
That's what's expected but when Osc1 is used as LFO, what I hear is something entirely different. Say for example, compare by using VCO1 and LFO2's square was wave with same values to modulate the pitch of VCO2. In the case of LFO2's, the pitch is modulated like how a square LFO would where as VC01 makes it sound like a short pitch envelope is applied to it. Urs did explain the reason why this is happening but I might need ELI5 version to understand what it means.

Return to “u-he”