Countdown to 2010: New Group Buy Has Started!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Squids, exciting GB! Just hovering a little as your Black Friday gig eventually squeezed me into the Amplitude GB I had been resisting just a couple of days back!
For me, I think this is worth it for OW alone but any clarification about what kits will be included would help. I already have many DM kits (admittedly DM1), from the previous GB - never quite got to the Silver/Gold or Platinum bundle.
Many Thanks
Don

Hey Don,

Here's some info about the Drum Masters kits included in this group buy:

Get a first taste of the soon to be released Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits which feature specialized stereo mixed kits that have mix control of the kick, snare, hats, toms and cymbals as well as all new features designed for Roland® V-Drums™ as well as ANY E-Drum controller via a new "Custom Mode" with midi learn for tailoring the kit to any controller set up. Drum Masters 2 kits also include GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for other mapping options for playing from the keyboard or other midi controllers. Drum Masters Signature Kit Series feature select drum kits of legendary drummers such as Nick D'Virgilio (Tears for Fears, Genesis), John Blackwell (Prince, Diddy) as well as drum kits in the style of artists such as Phil Collins, John Bonham and many others. As a bonus, the Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle includes the exact Tama® snare drum used on Nirvana's Nevermind album which was supplied by Ross Garfield of Drum Doctors™.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Gretsch® Kit

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions, this sampled Gretsch® kit provided by Ross Garfield and Drum Doctors was designed to get a progressive rock "Bruford meets Collins" sound.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Dry)

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions at Mower Studios in Pasadena, this is a dry mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Ambient)

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions this is a full ambient mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock. It features the room sound of Mower Studios which was designed by Kevin Gilbert (Toy Matinee, Thud) to be modeled after the Townhouse Studio in London where Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and many other artists got large stone room drum sounds.

Drum Masters 2 Collins Kit

This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Gretsch with a fat snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.

Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit

This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Premier with a deep snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.

Drum Masters 2 Doctor Nirvana Kit

This kit features the same Tama® snare that was used on Nirvana's Nevermind album as well as others such as Offspring and more. It was provided by Ross Garfield The Drum Doctor and recorded at Mower Studios in Pasadena.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Blasticks Kit

Recorded in Nashville with Nick D'Virgilio, this is a Mapex® drum kit played with Blasticks (Aka Hot Rods™) for a very earthy pop/folksy sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Tama® Brush Kit

Recorded in Miami during the John Blackwell Drum Masters sessions this is a Tama® Star Classic Kit played with brushes for a jazz/pop sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Session Sonor® Kit

An all around great sounding rock and pop kit recorded in Miami. A punchy medium ambient Sonor® kit with a modern acoustic sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone Kit

A new kit featuring Pearl® Sensitone Snare with a medium ambient room sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Danger Ogletree Kit

Ideal for hard rock, this kit really cuts through the mix and features edgy kick, snare and toms.

Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic Kit

Featuring a classic 60's Ludwig® Supraphonic Snare, this kit works for both modern and retro drum sounds.

Drum Masters 2 JB Brady Deep

A deep sounding kit ideal for ballads and hard rock, recorded in Miami in a medium ambient room.

Drum Masters 2 Bonhm Ludwig® Kit

A classic Ludwig® kit recorded in the style of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.

Drum Masters 2 Stairway Levee Kit

A second kit in the style of John Bonham which features an emulation of the ambient drum sound from Led Zeppelin's 4th album. This drum kit is exclusive only to this collection.

Great post - you got me, number 12!

Hi Squids

I own Ocean Way Drums DL already.....what options would be available to me..

cheers

Wiz

Oh, i swore i wouldn't join another of these monster drum GBs...how many more drums can i possibly need???

But the OW Studio kits are obviously a serious hi-quality attraction, and now you've explained the DM2 difference from the mountain of earlier DMs (i went round twice :oops: :lol:) i'm getting badly tempted...especially as it vectors in on $99...

Thank heavens 1TB drives are getting so cheap.

=fn<x>
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

At this rate 1TB for drums alone is looking likely!! :-o

Squids, you are both a devil and an angel. If space is the place, $99 is most-assuredly the price! Wonder if this will get to 400?

Wiz_oz wrote:Hi Squids

I own Ocean Way Drums DL already.....what options would be available to me..

cheers

Wiz
ignore this...I just saw your other post..about what content from OWD the group buy contains...and its clear now..

thanks

Wiz

I posted this in another forum and thought it might be good to post here in our forum too in case it is valuable info for you:

There is a special bundle of drums from both series (OWD and Drum Masters 2) in a "group buy" this month and so far it is going really well! We're almost at the 3rd price drop in just 3 days so at that rate it will not only reach the lowest price point (since we have until the end of the month) but it looks like you'll get even more extras than originally planned. The more people join the more everyone will get. That's how these things work.

I should point out some differences between these Ocean Way Drum kits and the ones from the main OWD products like DL, Silver, Gold and Platinum. First off, the Silver/Gold/Platinum are discrete mic mixing "multichannel" kits. These kits in the bundle are from the DL series and they do not have discrete mic mixing but they DO have mixing of each individual kit piece like snares, kick, toms (you can pan the toms and adjust the levels of each), hats, crash, ride, china, splash... So it's somewhere in between stereo and multitrack. But the "mix" (the blend of the microphones that Allen Sides and Steven Miller did in the Ocean Way Drums Gold/Platinum Editions) are "preserved" in the DL Series.

Now, the original DL series has 15 total kits (the OWD DL Edition comes with 5 of them and let's you pick out 2 more of your choice). Those kits each come with 3 different mix versions - a dry, medium and ambient.

So, quite simply, what we did for this group buy is pick 10 kits out of the 15 in the DL series and pick out one mix - a dry, medium OR ambient - so there is a wide variety of different kit sounds in this one-time killer bundle deal. As an extra bonus, so you could see what it is like to have more than one mix per kit we included an extra mix for Kit 4 AND an extra mix for Kit 10! What's cool about that is that we picked the two other mixes (Dry and Ambient) that compliment the FREE OWD DL Kit 10 Medium that has been available for the download trial (also a limited time thing too so head over to www.downloadablesoundz.com and go into the FREE SOUNDZ section after you've joined if you're not a member already and download that free OWD kit 10 Medium while it is still available for free!). So, with OWD DL Kit 10 you'd now have ALL three mixes of that kit so you have an idea of what that sounds like.

I guess you can say this Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle has multiple purposes. First and foremost it is a killer deal for a wide variety of kits (because you also get kits from famous drummers in the Drum Masters series and other things besides Ocean Way Drum DL mix kits). But, if you were to want to go further into OWDland or Drum Mastersville then you'd have a pretty good idea of what 10 different kits sound like should you want to have any of them in full Multichannel or at least to have all THREE mix versions when getting either the OWD DL Edition or even just downloading ANY of the OWD DL or Multichannel kits a la carte which you can do here: http://www.downloadablesoundz.com/o2.php

Now, a word of warning about that. Two things. One, if you did want to pick up more a la carte kits you WOULD need the Ocean Way Drums Expandable Player (which you can also get a la carte or it comes with any of the main OWD products like DL, Silver, Gold...) whereas in the Group Buy you actually DON'T need it as those kits in the bundle were specially encoded to work with the Infinite Player (the Kontakt Player for the Drum Masters series and the expandable Sonic Reality range of instruments, loops and sound fx). The second thing is that the ability to download each Ocean Way Drum kit a la carte may not be permanent! I'll try to give fair warning if it is going away but since there will be changes soon. For now, you can get it that way and we will try to keep it that way for awhile but no guarantees. However, those that join this group buy will also get a special coupon discount for Ocean Way Drums full products on esoundz http://www.esoundz.com and that might be the best option/deal anyway.

So, all of that is just about the Ocean Way Drum kits in this. There are even more Drum Masters kits in the bundle (15) and then on top of that we have bonus new midi grooves and impulse responses from great studio rooms to use with the Infinite Player/Kontakt's built-in convolution reverb! On top of that we have new V-Drum and Custom E-Drum mapping features that are in Drum Masters 2 series that we're experimenting with patches for the OWD kits in this bundle as well. All of the kit pieces in this bundle can be interchanged to make virtually unlimited amounts of NEW "hybrid" kits and if the group buy keeps soaring like it has so far then we'll throw in some bonus hybrid kits so you get an idea of what the possibilities are there.

Again, the more you spread the word the more people join and the more people join the more everyone gets for the least amount of money. That's how a group buy works! So you can all make it as good as you want it to be. Our job is just to provide the best deals we can and believe me I had to pull some strings to be able to finally offer (just this one time!) Ocean Way Drum kits bundled with artist kits of the Drum Masters series all in the Infinite Player. I never thought that was going to happen but we got the okay for this brief window of opportunity and I am pretty confident that we won't be able to offer anything like this again after this is over. The bundle product itself will eventually go away. I am not sure when but I know it won't be around 6 months from now for sure. It may not even be around 2 months from now. Figure it is EXCLUSIVE for this Group Buy only and anyway that would be the lowest price you'd ever see it anyway.

Here's a link to the group buy to join in and make everyone else happy too: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... code=USDGS

Good luck! Thanks for listening.

Speaking of listening you can listen to each mix of each DL kit here http://www.oceanwaydrums.net/audio2.php

The kits you get in the Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy are this:

Ocean Way® Drum Kit 1 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 2 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 5 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 6 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 8 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 9 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 12 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 13 Medium

and this from the Drum Masters 2 series:

Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Brady™ Deep

---------------------------------

By the way, the link to that post/thread if you want to bump it on Gearslutz is: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... oundz.html

Squids wrote:
The kits you get in the Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy are this:

Ocean Way® Drum Kit 1 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 2 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 5 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 6 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 8 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 9 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 12 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 13 Medium

and this from the Drum Masters 2 series:

Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Brady™ Deep
Squids is there a way to know for each OWD kit what instruments have been used?

pcaseiro wrote:Squids is there a way to know for each OWD kit what instruments have been used?
You might want to post your question on the main thread for this Group Buy which is already on page 31:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 00#3874400
Last edited by zedd on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”