I Remember ( Deadmau5 & Kaskade)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Started working on remixing this track - just tried to get the basics first, clip link below. i am working on chord variations and melodies to incorporate, so any suggestions welcome. I used Strobe / Zebra / Sylenth synths.

Also it will really need vocals - does anyone know where i could get the acapella or better again someone who might record vocals.

http://jfm.fileave.com/I%20Remember.mp3

Thanks

jfm

JFM wrote:Started working on remixing this track - just tried to get the basics first, clip link below. i am working on chord variations and melodies to incorporate, so any suggestions welcome. I used Strobe / Zebra / Sylenth synths.

Also it will really need vocals - does anyone know where i could get the acapella or better again someone who might record vocals.

http://jfm.fileave.com/I%20Remember.mp3

Thanks

jfm
I can hear that you have found the right chords (your voicing is a little bit different though) and the sounds are similar to the original sounds.
But really, why make a remix that is basically the same as the original?
That is a remake, not a remix. And as we allready have the original I don't get the point.
I can absolutely see that this is good for practising and learn how this stuff is done, so don't misunderstand me.

Like i said in original post i am working on variations of melodies and chord progressions and also new synth sound so final product will not be a "cover" version. I always start a remix by firstly emulating the original and working on changes from there

I'd probably look at taking a little bit more bottom end out of the main synth chords as they're a bit boomy, and add a little more reverb send to them.

It sounds like you're ducking from the main kick. If you put in a seperate kick channel and duck from that pre fader (with the volume level of that kick set at zero) you can get the ducking effect without the kick sounding.

JFM wrote:Like i said in original post i am working on variations of melodies and chord progressions and also new synth sound so final product will not be a "cover" version. I always start a remix by firstly emulating the original and working on changes from there
Ok, I see. I do the same thing kind of. But I start experimenting as soon as I have found the bass notes and the chords, I don't worry about recreating the original sounds. But I understand how you work now, didn't mean this to sound like critisism.

soul junkie is the man!!

There's that website Acapellas4All ... :x where you can pay for a subscription to get passwords to all their multis (which are obviously pirated anyway, so it's completely ridiculous).

This pack - http://www.acapellas4all.com/?p=4595 - is supposedly the full "I Remember" ProTools session, plus some other stuff. I think we should start an A4A passwords forum thread ... I can contribute a few passwords from my (brief) membership. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”