The Hollow Sun Novachord approaches!!!!

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You should have a pleasant surprise when it comes to price tomorrow! :wink:

Cheers,

Steve

cool, hope you dont underprice yourselves tho.. it must have been quite some work! The original price was just out of my range at the moment (a house move coming up-renting! :( ) and i was hoping you might do split packs like some of the other products. So if i cant afford it now , hopefully after the move :wink:

Hey Steve. That's a really exciting project!

shanecgriffo wrote:cool, hope you dont underprice yourselves tho.. it must have been quite some work! The original price was just out of my range at the moment (a house move coming up-renting! :( ) and i was hoping you might do split packs like some of the other products. So if i cant afford it now , hopefully after the move :wink:
I understand.

Yes - this has been a f'ck of a lot of work on several levels....

Dan breathing life into the thing to get it working and making a sound (I am fairly switched on with electronics but taking that on is simply beyond mere mortal understanding!) and me taking the (often) somewhat crusty samples and moulding and looping them (without sanitising them into something fake) into something that accurately represents this beautiful and unique instrument as faithfully as possible. Many man-hours have been spent making this collection as close to the actual thing as close as possible.

We thought we pitched the price right in view of this (not to mention the colossal costs of shipping 1/4 of a ton of 1939 electronics from the US to the UK and the renovation costs, Customs and Excise tax, etc. ... and all the bloody form filling and crap that was required to prove that this wasn't some kind of Al Qaeda terrrrrrrrist bomb factory ... seriously!!!) but Dan and I were disappointed to learn that our pricing put it outside the range of some here.

Personally, we felt that £120 (a pound a sound!) was about right especially when you consider what it would cost to own 'the real thing' but we're not unreasonable breadheads and there was a little 'wiggle room' to make the product a bit more affordable.

I am not going to reveal the new pricing here - you can have (hopefully) a nice surprise when it is available - but I will reveal the following plans...

* The library is structured in such a way that we will be releasing new program variations to customers free of charge

* We will be encouraging customers who buy it to contribute their own program variations to contribute to the community. All credit will, of course, be given to any such contributions.

But for now, I must try and determine why the upload to my reseller keeps conking out halfway through. It's never easy is it???!!! :?

Cheers,

Steve

Just checked the site and recognized the price change. Now waiting for the "Buy Now" botton... :D
tropicalontour wrote:That's a really exciting project!
I am exited too !! :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Downloading it as we speak!

what size D/Load are we looking at here?

Around 450MB

deleted
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

BRAVO!
what a stunningly beautiful sample set!!!
Congratulations on the LONG-anticipated release.
Saying it was worth the wait is the understatement of the year... and it's still January!!!
These sounds are just so appropriate for today's -20C here in the Great White North.

Thank you for your painstaking efforts.
Len

:)
Len9 wrote:These sounds are just so appropriate for today's -20C here in the Great White North.
Ah! How tragic! You are, of course, unable to venture outdoors (Health and Safety must first don their hi-viz tabards for a risk assessment lest you slip and break a fingernail!) so you can do nothing but stay indoors and play with the 346's sounds until the weather clears! :wink:

Return to “Hollow Sun”