Voxengo SPAN pre 2.0 public beta-testing (update 3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have some more suggestions:

- While using the great "narrow-band sweeping mode", only Group 1 is audible. So when I route Groups 1&2 to left&right channel, I only hear the left. Maybe either all groups should be audible or a switch for all/current group would be helpful.

- It would be more comfortable to only have to press a mouse button (and no additional key) inside the spectrum to activate "narrow-band sweeping mode" since the mouse buttons are both without function inside the window...

- An additional "Density Mode" button would indeed be nice and no big problem since there's plenty of free space on the GUI.

be wrote:- While using the great "narrow-band sweeping mode", only Group 1 is audible. So when I route Groups 1&2 to left&right channel, I only hear the left. Maybe either all groups should be audible or a switch for all/current group would be helpful.
Thanks for reporting this issue - it will be fixed.
be wrote:- It would be more comfortable to only have to press a mouse button (and no additional key) inside the spectrum to activate "narrow-band sweeping mode" since the mouse buttons are both without function inside the window...
I'm not going to change the CTRL key requirement because I want to keep this functionality consistent between Voxengo plug-ins.
be wrote:- An additional "Density Mode" button would indeed be nice and no big problem since there's plenty of free space on the GUI.
As I've noted, I would like to keep this a global switch. Note that it also affects how "correlation meter" is shown.

all i can say is wow!!! you have done a great job on this. been using it all afternoon and i love it. no issues as of yet. thanks Aleksey!!!

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Note that it also affects how "correlation meter" is shown.
I believe density mode is how correlation should always be displayed, it gives more information.

Either way, I am happy as, I will keep Density Mode enabled and continue to use the peakmeters in my DAW as main metering.
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

Dude, this thing is awesome! Is there any manual(s) I can download for it? I would love to know more about how I can use this analyzer to improve my mixes and knowledge in general. Loving the K-System implementation!!!!

Melvin J. wrote:Dude, this thing is awesome! Is there any manual(s) I can download for it? I would love to know more about how I can use this analyzer to improve my mixes and knowledge in general. Loving the K-System implementation!!!!
Please check the PDFs that come with the plug-in.

Happy to see a mac version of the plug. Thanks a lot Aleksey!
(I know, useless post but just wanted to say thanks).

Will v2 be free as well? I'm at work so didn't try the beat yet ....

dsp music wrote:Will v2 be free as well? I'm at work so didn't try the beat yet ....
Yes, it's going to remain free.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
dsp music wrote:Will v2 be free as well? I'm at work so didn't try the beat yet ....
Yes, it's going to remain free.
:tu: Thanks a lot.
And a little bump to let people know about this.

My favorite metering plugin :)

Just a simple question. I compose house/trance oriented dance music, do i have to work with a specific slope? And also dBFS values all mastering engineers are talking are the average rms and peak values of span?

Thanks in advance.
Wtb inspiration!

vicious_angel wrote:Just a simple question. I compose house/trance oriented dance music, do i have to work with a specific slope? And also dBFS values all mastering engineers are talking are the average rms and peak values of span?
Default 4.5 dB slope should be fine I think - it's "bright" enough. If you are using "pure" metering mode, you are seeing dBFS values.

Yes i was reffering about the pure metering system.
Wtb inspiration!

f**k!!!!

This is awesome!!!!

Great mastering view, so many options. Unreal!!

am i blind or is there no more option to freeze the curves but keep the analyser going at the same time, like in v1? (freeze the max values)

Tijl wrote:am i blind or is there no more option to freeze the curves but keep the analyser going at the same time, like in v1? (freeze the max values)
You may use the "Max" analyzer option to record the all-time maximum. All in all, SPAN 2 lost little (e.g. I'm not interested in supporting the "inertia" mode) while gained a lot.

Return to “Effects”