Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
gaf_thit
KVRist

489 posts since 28 Sep, 2012, from Norway

Postby gaf_thit; Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:52 pm I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

I've been collecting more and more gear over the years, and now suddenly I've started feeling like using VSTis are not as 'real'.

I love using plugins, both instruments and fx, but for some reason I feel it is less authentic or some bs like that. Can't put my finger on it and the beers doesn't help on my aim.

Anyone else feels this way and can somebody please set me straight? It's so silly...
Zexila
KVRAF

2763 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:20 pm Re: I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

Whatever makes you happy and productive in the end of the day.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
chk071
KVRAF

16045 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:26 pm Re: I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

gaf_thit wrote:I've been collecting more and more gear over the years, and now suddenly I've started feeling like using VSTis are not as 'real'.

I love using plugins, both instruments and fx, but for some reason I feel it is less authentic or some bs like that. Can't put my finger on it and the beers doesn't help on my aim.

Anyone else feels this way and can somebody please set me straight? It's so silly...

Nothing silly about the urge to have a little "hands on", i think. :) I always had a problem being able to decide for hardware, though. The hardware which would give me what i want from it (a decent amount of polyphony, a decent amount of controls, and very good sound) is pretty expensive, think Virus, Waldorf Q, Nord Lead, and the likes. So, basically, stuck to software. I bet i'd sorely miss the workflow of in-the-box anyway, if i had some hardware.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22500 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:48 pm Re: I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

Everyone knows hardware is better than software. Especially analog hardware. :ud:
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10966 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:52 pm Re: I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

Try recording an entire album without any audio going through your computer and then come back to us with "software is so inauthentic."

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)