Ichiro Toda Updates Synth1 !!!!!1.12version!!!!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Thanx, but I forgot to mention, the banks in "Banks & Patches" here on KVR I have already checked!

Then that would be it. Wait until I make my own Synth1 bank. :D

I didn't put my patchbank in the KVR database - if you haven't already got it, it was made in v1.11, uses the sub osc and other new features and can be found here:

Mr Wobble's Patchbank

@hakey
I have the bank (+the addendum) already for a while....I like them, especially the FX Sounds.

Thanx
for the Banx
and your reply :)

hi hakey
yesterday I wrote:
I like them, especially the FX Sounds.
Today I think, that was a weak statement. I listened to so many banks, searching for some special FX-Sounds, that I only "liked them"!
Today I browsed again through your patches and I want to say that a lot of them are very useable to me. They are sounding very professional, for example 46:KYS vibres! I love this sound. Must have been a lot of work to make the two banks.
Thank you very much!

Thanks akira :)

I haven't been to the forum in a while and didn't see anything about Ichiro Toda. Was just wondering if Ichiro is ok and safe after what happened in Japan.

Ooooh! Good point!!! I hope he's OK too.

--Sean

i assume some kvr trolls scared him away... there we're some discussions that ended up in a very childish behave of some. that, plus the fact that he may be a busy man doing synth1 as a hobby with low priorities i think might be some reason...
a shame, i would have love to see synth one to grow a bit further.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:plus the fact that he may be a busy man doing synth1 as a hobby with low priorities
Or he may be homeless depending on what part of Japan he lives in.............The future of Synth 1 certainly takes a back seat to the well being of it's creator. Hopefully he is well..............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hope he's okay. :(

I heard rumours not so long ago that he was working on an update to 1.12...

I don't know what to think about his view of Synth1 as a project. I wrote to to him last summer and was asking/pleading with him to consider just one more change (smaller, condensed font for browser where you could see the typeface decenders) before he stepped away from Synth1 again, and sent him graphics that told my story more easily than my words (in English and Japanese). He was extremely friendly and understanding and said he was changing Synth1 where you could pick and choose the typeface and size for the browser. He very politely said he would get around to it when he could, but "implied" that would be somewhat soon. He was very jovial and reasuring and we chit-chatted about the weather where each of us lived, etc..

I have to assume that Synth1 is just a passing fancy and he'll spend time on it when the mood strikes, and not before - just like we all do with our little projects. Pretty understandable! Although I must admit I peek in here and HOPE to find a new update every few weeks or so! :)

And I'll keep checking too! I'm still astounded by all the cool sounds the little beast can make! But of course, there SO MUCH more going on for everyone in that part of the world these days!

Thanks again for Synth1, and all the previous updates, Mr. Toda - and all the best for you and yours!!!

SciFiArtMan

SciFiArtMan wrote:I wrote to to him last summer and was asking/pleading with him to consider just one more change (smaller, condensed font for browser where you could see the typeface decenders)[snip] He very politely said he would get around to it when he could
So you were actually in correspondence with him and all you asked for were some minor cosmetic tweaks? :bang: :x :hihi:

I think would have first asked for changes that would have materially improved S1's abilities as a synth: oversampling, fix the chorus/delay routing bug, add a couple more mod matrix slots, add more mod destinations, increase polyphony, make the Osc Env a full ADSR and routable to any destination, add delay and bipolarity to the LFOs...)

S1 is so very nearly a *great* synth...

SciFiArtMan wrote: He was very jovial and reasuring and we chit-chatted about the weather where each of us lived, etc..
Have you tried to contact him to see how he is doing after the disaster?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

hakey wrote:So you were actually in correspondence with him and all you asked for were some minor cosmetic tweaks? :bang: :x :hihi:
Sure, but he'd been hit over the head pretty hard with scores of requests just before this time. The "minor cosmetic change", as you spin it, is the only thing holding Synth1 back from being a truly complete v1.12, right now (or then, if you will) for me! The naming system I've used for my many original patches is very difficult to browse the way it is now. This was all clearly demonstrated with he graphics that I posted in the threads back then.

Anyhoo, that's not the point! The point is, he'll come around when he does. And we can all dance in the streets, and bombard him with all our new requests, etc. when he does. My request was for one VERY IMPORTANT change that left Synth1 in a bit of a poor state as it is right now, as I see it - more of a bugfix, than a flourish or addition. And he agreed.

The time will come...

SciFiArtMan

Return to “Instruments”