MVerb - A Free Open Source Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone but I have posted MVerb, a free VST reverb effect, on my website.

There are very few examples of reverb algorithims available compared with other effects so I thought I would share an example of Dattorro's figure-of-eight method. I think this technique has a nicer sound to it than a schroeder reverb and is much easier to control than many FDN matrices.

All the code is available open source under the GPL License. There is also example code showing how to use it in a VST. Hopefully since it is open source people will port it to other formats, such as LADSPA etc :)

I have only tested it on my system so far so let me know if you find any bugs.

It sounds absolutely great and is very low on the cpu - thanks a lot for this, Martin! :hail: :D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

b.t.w.: apart from the age-old TK DatoReverb (which was great as well) this is the only VST-reverb of which I know that it uses Datorro's design... what gives? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sounds really nice! Thanks heaps

Cheers
Jed

This sucker is really good! I appreciate the varied presets, trying to figure out someone else's parameters is always fun.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Good Lord! It is unbelievable how good it sounds with this ridiculous CPU usage, congratulations and thanks for sharing this sir, you're very generous. Clean, not grainy, not metallic and very natural, really easy to use. I'll test it properly in a couple of mixes this week :)

jens wrote:b.t.w.: apart from the age-old TK DatoReverb (which was great as well) this is the only VST-reverb of which I know that it uses Datorro's design... what gives? :?
I listened to a lot of reverbs developing this and I now have a good ear for what reverbs are using which techniques. I am convinced Urs Heckmann's Uhbik-A is using Dattorro's figure-of-eight. Sorry if I am giving your secrets away Urs :wink:

WOW! :tu:

Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

Mercado_Negro wrote:Good Lord! It is unbelievable how good it sounds with this ridiculous CPU usage, congratulations and thanks for sharing this sir, you're very generous. Clean, not grainy, not metallic and very natural, really easy to use. I'll test it properly in a couple of mixes this week :)
Thanks Mercado_Negro, I spent quite a bit of time tuning the timings to try minimise the grainy, metallic sounds that ruin many other reverbs. This algorithim suffers a lot less though to start with than many other techniques, such as parallel combs or nested allpasses :)

Thank you very much. It's one of smoothest verbs I have been trying, sounds very sweet on vocals. I have been testing loads of affordable reverbs in this respect and on first impression, this one is the best. :hail:

Thanks a lot :tu:

Sweet stuff. :)
..what goes around comes around..

Wow, Martin, this one really sounds cool and quite useful ;).

It's a rather generous gift from you, thank you!

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Far the best freeware reverb, i know: extremely useful and cpu efficient!

:clap: :wheee:
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Effects”