A deep house tune im workin on.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a song that I have been working on lately. I know it could use a few arrangement redoes in a few parts, but im mostly curious how this sounds on others setups.

http://soundcloud.com/architecture-1/bu ... e-remaster

This is something id like to get sold once i get it where i want it, so im fairly open to any ideas at this point.
8)

It is way too fast! 135 BPM for deep house is a bit too much. Needs to be around 126-128.

randy4me wrote:It is way too fast! 135 BPM for deep house is a bit too much. Needs to be around 126-128.
Indeed.
You are currently reading my signature.

i would think the song would loose something if i dropped the bpm to that. If thats the only offender I think ill go with what i got.

It would be almost impossible to mix with any other deep house song. It will sound just fine at a lower BPM. No one makes deep house at that tempo.

maybe Detroit Techno or Deep Techno might be a better category. Hard telling. Then again i think this style im doing is fairly dead in many instances. What do people consider deep house to be in 2010?

Deep House is a broad term. Take a listen to Dogglounge.com and you'll have an idea about the genre and its newest branches. I'd point though some common elements:

1 - slow BPM (116-130)
2 - pounding 4x4 beat
3 - deep basses (sine and square waves)
4 - some latin percussion (congas, maracas, etc.)
5 - rhodes like sounds (filtered electric pianos does the job)
6 - vocals (optional)

Like the guys said: 135 is no way deep house, altough you could ignore the labels and go with your own business. If the track is cool at 135bpm, then, keep it as is. Maybe it could found its way in some Tech-house set. ;)

ABOUT YOUR TRACK: is very cool, the synth intro is very deep, and the beat is tough and bouncy. Liked the bassline. the song really benefits from the fast bpm. However, if you really want to keep it under deep house wings, try to reduce the BPM to 132 or so. It wouldn't change the track feel too much, and could be easily beat-matched to other tracks of the same deep house genre. 135bpm would scare the DJs. :D
Last edited by dark_virus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the feedback darkvirus! I agree this definitely doesnt fully fall into deep house at the pace its set at.

The next track im doing, is alot closer to deep house. stay tuned.

Architecture wrote:Thanks for the feedback darkvirus! I agree this definitely doesnt fully fall into deep house at the pace its set at.

The next track im doing, is alot closer to deep house. stay tuned.
Yes, keep practicing! Deep House is a damn cool style to produce! Hope to see your new efforts soon!

But don't get me wrong: your track is damn cool as-is! ;)

Ridiculous, of course deep house can be at 135 bpm, he just proved it. Cool track, the uptempo beat makes it, so definitely don't slow it down. The sounds could use some dirt though, it sounds too clean now. Blatant or "creative" eqing could also freshen it up.

Dirty I can do. I have many choices in reel to reel machines to use. a Scully 280 2 track studio console, Teac A3340S and a pos tape machine. I could use either one of these to make it dirty.

Ill take that as a compliment as everything i used in this track...was definitely not software.

Return to “Music Cafe”