[UPDATED] zgomot - digital user 2.0

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a electro-glitchy-dubstep type thing that is about 99% finished. All it needs is a proper mix-down (this is simply exported from Record) and some finishing touches and edits.

However I'm happy with it. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/zgomot/digital-user-2-0
Last edited by iDumi on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insanely groovy, hot bass, great sounds. Another nice one iD. Are you all Reason then?
Image Image

Thanks Poly.
polyslax wrote: Are you all Reason then?
Yes I am. I use Reason and Record for 99% of my work. for the other 1% I fire up Live to load a pitch detection plugin and for some fancy time-stretching. Come R5/R1.5 I won't never have to deal with Live again. I'm holding my breath.

I love your work as a rule, but this one is having trouble standing up on it's own , I believe.
There's something important that seems to be missing for me. It's a rhythmic soul train without an engineer. Maybe that's why it has to keep stopping to ask for directions as often as it does.

I wish I knew what it would take to drive it home.
Good work, but ehhh, not yet in the can.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I love your work as a rule, but this one is having trouble standing up on it's own , I believe.
There's something important that seems to be missing for me. It's a rhythmic soul train without an engineer. Maybe that's why it has to keep stopping to ask for directions as often as it does.

I wish I knew what it would take to drive it home.
Good work, but ehhh, not yet in the can.
It's scary how right you are. This track started out as a minimal atmospheric drum and bass piece, then took a turn towards some tribal techno at 164bpm then it went a bit housie and finally ended up as dubstep with lots of variations in between.

I have lost the vision I had for this tune and maybe that's why it took so long to be finished (2months+) and still seems unfinished.

Thanks a lot for saying out loud what I was only thinking.

Due to popular request I have updated this track to give it a better sense of progression. I re-wrote the second part for some focus on the percussion and bass-grooves.

DIGITAL USER 2.0

I dare bump it.

I remember having a blast with that same Reason pad sweep combinator. (forget it's name, was over a yr ago.) I still have the unfinished track. hehe
I think you are closer to a complete rhythmic/chill idea here now...but if I can suggest something based on what my head is telling me it wants to hear?
It wants to hear 1/4note ducking pulses on the sub-sine, or more, Maybe? 8)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

iDumi wrote:This is a electro-glitchy-dubstep type thing that is about 99% finished. All it needs is a proper mix-down (this is simply exported from Record) and some finishing touches and edits.

However I'm happy with it. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/zgomot/digital-user-2-0
:tu: NICE! :tu:

The processed vocal is particularly interesting.

I should note that as I'm listing to this, I'm watching the clouds break letting the sunset come through at about 8:50 PM, how interesting is that.

Thanks for listening guys.

Interesting piece of work and nicely done but not really for me :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

You can't please everybody. I'm glad you gave it a listen though. Thnaks

Return to “Music Cafe”