ZPC #13 - Hey motherplucker!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The theme for this ZPC is plucked or plucky sounds. So it's a good thing Zebra is a great plucking synth!

Zebra's comb filters make sense here, plausibly in the 'physical modeling' domain, but other things can make just as much sense. Submissions do _not_ have to make any claim that they're doing 'physical modeling'. The only requirement is a plucky sound (or, I'll accept a patch that sounds exactly like Samuel L. Jackson saying 'Hey motherplucker!' ...).

This might be an interesting technical note - wikipedia entry on Karplus-Strong algorithm. Zebra's combs are a much evolved version of this.

Best of luck and hope you'll send something in!

------------------

-- ZPC winners get free u-he software, which is undoubtedly better than winning the lottery and spending it on programmers to create comparable software. Seriously.

-- Submission deadline: September 13th

-- Please pm me on these forums, or e-mail me at **xh3rv.**andrew**@**gmail**.**com (remove *s)
-- Either one or two patches may be submitted
-- Please scrub your name from submitted patches (or stuff like MSEGs, OSC presets that can also have an author tag) - a blank author field or a ? or a * in there.

-- All submitters 'win' a link to (the first iteration of) a set of 'vanilla' percussion patches. These straight-forward patches cover categories of sounds you might want from a drum machine - including quite a few rigorously created, sonically and graphically matched emulations - plus a bit more. These will be free and public at some point, but not any time soon* 8)

* I might make exceptions if anyone has a good reason they can't / won't submit a patch ... better be a good one though!

9 days to go. There's something about matching the transient and the sustained tone after it that's naturally set up for variation and experimentation, and so many ways to do things ... should be an interesting set of patches!

There are some interesting oscillator tables that could be pulled from (ZPC originator) hakey's Pluckers ... again, not necessary to pull of something entirely realistic or super technical.

Slightly under 4 days to go (106 hours ... give or take). Hasn't been done yet: A patch named "Twang-gerine Dream"

I had a thought - a series of 4 contests for the rest of the year that are the "A to Z Patch Contests"; free-for-all for ACE, Bazille, Triple Cheese, and Zebra. This would sort of neatly close out 2010 - and maybe shake things up a bit?

24 hours - haven't received many submissions yet, so it looks wide open right now ... sometimes the submissions just don't come in until the last minute.

Please don't attempt to pluck an actual Zebra though.Image

Return to “u-he”