Trip like I do (Lead sound) - anyone?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys.. I've been trying all day to get the crazy lead sound in "Trip like I do" with no luck!!

There are some filters going on.. some glide and some other effects.

What I'm having a hard time with is the actual waveform itself.. It seems to be some kind of FM synthesis? a mixture of different waves.

Is there anyone out there who can help me? I'm going a bit insane...

crystal meth track?

Yeah man.. after the build up.

It's a pretty cool lead sound. I read up it seems to be a nord.. Not really sure how to get that exact sound though! Just trying to copy it for fun :)

yeah, its a good track, i'll dig it up later and have a look, see what i can come up with...

There are some good Crystal Method lead sounds in the Summa (?) banks for Synth1 - I think they will be the sound you're after.

Ahhh Synth1.. I've got to get that VST :) I am running ableton suite 8 on a power pc (g5) still.. I can't get synth1 :( .. but I have massive, minimoog, albino, rapture.. and the analoge and operator ableton synths..

I can get really close to the sound! but there is something missing.. I read up and found that they used a Nord Lead 2.. hardware synth I guess..

I'm pretty close using a short delay 16th notes and a pitch envelope.. with filters and a small glide! .. but the actual sound isn't quite there yet.. :(

Return to “Sound Design”