I Don't Want To Be A Rock Star

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I Don't Want to Be A Rock Star". is my new song.

The song is dedicated to the Memory of some of my favorites Artest: John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchence, Janis Joplin, Ian Curtis, Stuart Adamson, Brian Jones, Budy Holly Ritchie Valens, J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, and the many other Rock Stars that lost their life way to soon.

I got the idea for the song after listening to John Lennons "I Don't want to be a Soldier". As you know, Lennon died in a way that soldies die. By a gun.

I'm going by the name "The Beat Goes On"
Please listen and vote for I Don't Want To Be A Rock Star" @ http://www.youbloom.com/ybsc/listen/

P.S. This is my last song in this contest. Thi is the last week for for songs in this contest.
P.P.S. This song means more to me than all my other songs

Is it possible to download the Track? I got the first 9 seconds (which sounded great) and then the sound disappeared. Some sort of Browser/other issue.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great song. I loved it.
Very John Lennon indeed with the drum sound and piano.
The only caveat is the guitar solo which is not on par with the rest
of the song. Other than that the song has good emotion and good execution of instruments. The mix is also pretty good for the genre.

Did a restart after my crash! Vocal sounds a bit nasil. The frequencies in this area seem to be fighting with each other. Vocal tuning is not precise but suits the style of music.

Overall, the choice of instrumentation and placement seem very professional.

After a little while, I stopped listening with a critical ear and began to enjoy the track very much, as it played away in the background.

The hook (chorus) kind of annoys me but then I think it's perfect 'cause I can't get it out of my head. Then I realise that it's a lot like something from Billy Joel. What cha ma call it? Oh yeah! The verse melody of 'It's still rock'n'roll to me'.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Enjoyed this (pretty much agree with the others). That vocal sibilance might be a resonance in the microphone. Maybe try a notch filter around 8kHz.
Good stuff anyway.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”