The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Excus e me fo my lack of knowledge but how can i adjust my midi controller;s knobs for diva s cuttof and resonance?

thank you in advance! :love:

Right-click the knob you'd like to map, chose 'midi learn', turn a knob. There might be some trouble-shooting to do if this doesn't work, but it should.

I just realized what means midi learn!thank you very much!Your help is much apreciated! :) :) :)

1.2 update: Reset Osc = Awesome, thanks!! 8)

I tried it on a psytrance bass track im working on today. It works ok, but I could not get it to sound 100% "stable" still. Is there something im missing? Nothing is being modulated by the lfos..

@Sleepwalker: Try setting Voice Detune and Drift to minimum. Maybe also the "slop" parameters.

Howard wrote:@Sleepwalker: Try setting Voice Detune and Drift to minimum. Maybe also the "slop" parameters.
Thanks!
Hmm.. I didnt help though, but I found where it comes from. Its from Envelope 2 running LP filter cutoff. Env2 Kybd set to 0. However setting Kybd to 50 fixes it. But now I dont get the snappy clickyness that is sort of required for psytrance bass. Hmm.

Sleepwalker wrote:
Howard wrote:@Sleepwalker: Try setting Voice Detune and Drift to minimum. Maybe also the "slop" parameters.
Thanks!
Hmm.. I didnt help though, but I found where it comes from. Its from Envelope 2 running LP filter cutoff. Env2 Kybd set to 0. However setting Kybd to 50 fixes it. But now I dont get the snappy clickyness that is sort of required for psytrance bass. Hmm.
Is it the ADS Envelope? - This one "accumulates" energy, like a Minikmoog does. Try the other ones instead 8)

Urs wrote:Is it the ADS Envelope? - This one "accumulates" energy, like a Minikmoog does. Try the other ones instead 8)
Actually I was using the analog env. The others are even more wobbly :P

Maybe im trying to get an analog synth to sound digital.. lol

I wouldnt normally use this kind of synth for this type of static bass, but I needed a special microtuning scale and its the only microtuning synth I have. I can just fine tune another synth, but I was curious if it was possible to get Diva rock solid/static now with the osc reset.

When I open updated Diva in an old project, I get a crash in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] as soon as I play a note.

Looks like the trick is to untick the multicore support button, then save the project, and then opening it again and all is good. I'll try and confirm this tonight.

fateamenabletochange wrote:When I open updated Diva in an old project, I get a crash in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] as soon as I play a note.

Looks like the trick is to untick the multicore support button, then save the project, and then opening it again and all is good. I'll try and confirm this tonight.
We got a few similar reports. Might be a problem with the library we use for multicore support. I'll put Clemens onto this tomorrow.

Urs wrote:
fateamenabletochange wrote:When I open updated Diva in an old project, I get a crash in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] as soon as I play a note.

We got a few similar reports. Might be a problem with the library we use for multicore support. I'll put Clemens onto this tomorrow.
If i have no old projects with diva i want to use will this bug effect 1.2 when using multicore in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] with new instances?

Possible multicore crash bug fixed, please check it out:

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Diva/Diva121Mac.zip
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Diva/Diva121Win.zip
thermal wrote:If i have no old projects with diva i want to use will this bug effect 1.2 when using multicore in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] with new instances?
No matter if old or new instances. The new version will fix it, we hope. It's always been in there, but it probably only showed in complex arrangements.

Sleepwalker wrote:
Urs wrote:Is it the ADS Envelope? - This one "accumulates" energy, like a Minikmoog does. Try the other ones instead 8)
Actually I was using the analog env. The others are even more wobbly :P

Maybe im trying to get an analog synth to sound digital.. lol

I wouldnt normally use this kind of synth for this type of static bass, but I needed a special microtuning scale and its the only microtuning synth I have. I can just fine tune another synth, but I was curious if it was possible to get Diva rock solid/static now with the osc reset.
The analog and digital ADSR envelopes seem to 'accumulate' energy as well, in the sense that the attack always starts from the current level, not from zero. And in some cases, that is a bit problematic. For example, when I use attack and decay values of zero for envelope 2 modulating the filter, I get clicks at the beginning of a new note (since the attack and decay are 'very fast', not 'absolute zero'), but can't use a positive attack setting on envelope 1 on the amp to get rid of them.

Urs wrote:Possible multicore crash bug fixed, please check it out:

thermal wrote:If i have no old projects with diva i want to use will this bug effect 1.2 when using multicore in Reaper [64 bit Windows 7] with new instances?
No matter if old or new instances. The new version will fix it, we hope. It's always been in there, but it probably only showed in complex arrangements.
Will this be an official release soon if nobody says it is broken? Will the thread turn into "DIVA goes 1.21"?

I am having an 'update freeze' on my plug-ins, spending more time checking for new versions than is mentally healthy :help: Would like to freeze on official release versions

thermal wrote:
Urs wrote:Possible multicore crash bug fixed, please check it out:

Will this be an official release soon if nobody says it is broken? Will the thread turn into "DIVA goes 1.21"?

I am having an 'update freeze' on my plug-ins, spending more time checking for new versions than is mentally healthy :help: Would like to freeze on official release versions
We're still waiting for one user to reply, because there might still be a problem. It's possible though that this problem stems from using multiple ZebraHZs in a large project. We're investigating.

On the topic of releases, we're moving towards something called Dev Ops, which is normally geared at big corporations. As however we're doing a lot of testing with a lot of people out there, our workflow is very similar to that of such a corporation. It basically means that we're going to reduce the time from development to testing to release, in favour of releasing new features and fixes as soon as possible, maybe even on a monthly average. We'll still provide "stable snapshots", but we'll encourage everyone to upgrade on the fly, always, and we'll create incentives to do so. This will in total increase stability and quality.

- Urs

Return to “u-he”