The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

I think it's not the note priority. There are some presets where one or more voices are silent.
If you notice the problem go to the Trimmers page and only play one note at a time. You'll see the used voice leds rotating. And then there is one voice that is silent every cycle.
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

Hmmm... ok, I'll get Clemens on the case next week.

It would help if you could narrow it down to specific presets, quality settings and sample rates. It must be somehow related to that... I hope.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Sounds like a dodgy voice chip to me.

Oh, wait a minute, can't be that.

disregard...
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

:oops:
As i tried to recreate the silent voice thing i noticed that there's a V1.01 out already. All seems fine now. Didn't open Diva since the One Synth Challenge deadline two weeks ago.
Mostly happened when switching between monophonic and stacked voices presets in V1.00 64bit version.

Sorry guys, didn't want to bother anyone.

Please feel free to kick my butt.

:lol:
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

twisted-space wrote:Sounds like a dodgy voice chip to me.
Now that's what I call the ultimate in virtual analog emulation! :hihi:

marzzz wrote:
:hihi:

best 89 quid i ever spent.
and would gladly "upgrade" to Zebra if the technological improvements of Diva make it into Zebra (namely the zero filter feedback lag filters and the alias free FM).
btw any "upgrade discount " planned ? :oops:

v1.01 still has some problems under Cubase (32 bit v6.05/Win7x64). After a long time of being open (Say 24+ hours) I've noticed that the audio output still sometimes dies (as it did in previous versions), whilst other VST's (open for the same period of time) remain functioning fine.

Normally, since there's no audio, I usually just kill the instance. But I happened to switch to the scope, and I noticed it shows some odd things when you play a key whilst Diva is in this condition. Not sure if it offers any clues, but here's the screenshots of what the scope shows when this happens.. Btw otherwise, when this occurs, Diva appears to work normally (it even uses the CPU like it's still calculating the voices.. ) there's just no output.

marzzz wrote:

Every 47th or so instance of Diva has some technical malfunction... the longer you own it the more frequent they become :lol:

Has much been done to the sound engine since the beta cause 1.1 seems to sound a lot crisper and there is more bite in the filters And they sound, dare i say it, analog? :hihi:

I was gonna pass on Diva for now cause i thought the cpu cost was too high but it's so meaty. :love:

I've gotta think about this! When does the current offer run out, is it today (sunday) and if so what time? Thanks.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:Has much been done to the sound engine since the beta cause 1.1 seems to sound a lot crisper and there is more bite in the filters And they sound, dare i say it, analog? :hihi:

I was gonna pass on Diva for now cause i thought the cpu cost was too high but it's so meaty. :love:

I've gotta think about this! When does the current offer run out, is it today (sunday) and if so what time? Thanks.
Just buy it :)

Might as well save money. You know you will buy it later, when it costs more.

Plus, moores law man.. :)

Remember in the old days when smartelectronix Ambience took loads of CPU? Now it's marginal on todays beasties.

Grab it while it's cheap IMO :)

grymmjack wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Has much been done to the sound engine since the beta cause 1.1 seems to sound a lot crisper and there is more bite in the filters And they sound, dare i say it, analog? :hihi:

Just buy it :)

Might as well save money. You know you will buy it later, when it costs more.

Plus, moores law man.. :)

Remember in the old days when smartelectronix Ambience took loads of CPU? Now it's marginal on todays beasties.

Grab it while it's cheap IMO :)

Plus you know it is only gonna get better ;)

You can dooo itt!!!!!

Thanks! :D

Well i just bought the Squad recently and then Tremor comes along and Diva sounds fantastic but i have no where near the cpu to use all of these in a project at the same time! Plus i like to spend quality time with new plugins before buying more! :wheee:

It's definitely got that analog flavour, i think the ms20 filters sound better than the curtis filter on my mopho. It's so fat though! :o And the cpu isn't all that bad in draft mode and Diva still sounds good...

@pdxindy, when you say better do you mean more accurate or is it already there? I don't have first hand experience with the synths it emulates so i am trusting Urs! :scared: :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “u-he”