2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Andrew Souter wrote:Thanks for all the compliments guys! :tu:

I've spent the last week working on all the new presets, and have some really great stuff to share shortly.

Meanwhile, regarding the LightMode GUI theme, it will look something like this:

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... MockUp.png

(of course the color can be customized by user pref, as well)

... still testing a few other things on this. It might be cool to have a light GUI with dark (time/freq) displays for example, as a higher contrast theme, like B2... still deciding some...

Happy New Year! We're excited to start the new year with this awesome new product to share with everyone... :tu:
:love: Yes, please. I like it!

Do we have an end date for the sale?
Going to go from PS2.5 to 3, just doing the financial juggle!

ftech wrote:Do we have an end date for the sale?
I think we will keep it open all of January since we started it quite late in December, and we are still finishing up various things for the offical release.

(i.e. manual writing today... did I mention, manual writing is boring... :scared: )

Bought the Breeze 2 pack that includes Breeze 1 and installed both. Both appear in Live 9 and 10, and Logic Pro X, but selecting Breeze 1 gives me Breeze 2.0.1. There's no way to get an instance of Breeze 1 these DAWs. In Logic when I choose Breeze 1 (getting Breeze 2), then select Breeze 2, Logic crashes - just disappears. In both Live 9, 10, and Logic Pro X when deleting/removing/changing to a different plug-in, Breeze 2 causes the DAW to crash.

Cheers

Brad

bradkvr wrote:Bought the Breeze 2 pack that includes Breeze 1 and installed both. Both appear in Live 9 and 10, and Logic Pro X, but selecting Breeze 1 gives me Breeze 2.0.1. There's no way to get an instance of Breeze 1 these DAWs. In Logic when I choose Breeze 1 (getting Breeze 2), then select Breeze 2, Logic crashes - just disappears. In both Live 9, 10, and Logic Pro X when deleting/removing/changing to a different plug-in, Breeze 2 causes the DAW to crash.

Cheers

Brad
Thanks for the order. What OS? Does Breeze show version 2.0.1, build 164 on the INFO page?

I can't seem to get this to happen in Yosemite Logic Pro X. See below:

Info page says 2.0.1, [D164] x64 AVX

OS is High Sierra, 10.13.2

Brad

Andrew Souter wrote:
ftech wrote:Do we have an end date for the sale?
I think we will keep it open all of January since we started it quite late in December, and we are still finishing up various things for the offical release.

(i.e. manual writing today... did I mention, manual writing is boring... :scared: )
Thanks for the reply Andrew.
That's excellent! Plenty of time for me to try and organise myself.
Manual reading can be boring too, but a necessary evil to get a full understanding of the depth and capability of some plugins, so I appreciate your efforts, Sir :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:
Thanks for the order. What OS? Does Breeze show version 2.0.1, build 164 on the INFO page?

I can't seem to get this to happen in Yosemite Logic Pro X. See below:

(snipped)
OK, I managed to get both versions of Breeze working. Here's how:

I deleted both plug-ins. I re-installed Breeze 1. I started Logic, and the plug-in wouldn't validate. I had to go to the Application Support folder and change the permissions on the the 2C-Audio folder. After that it would validate and I could authorize the plug-in. I then installed Breeze 2 and did the same thing. Now I can get both 1 and 2 working.

Still get the crash deleting/changing Breeze 2.

Brad

Breeze 2 is sounding deeper than v1 to me... but the demo isn't as efficient as i was expecting.
with the same settings, i'm getting say - 5% cpu use compared to 6%... i've compared a fair few different settings now, none achieving 1/2 of the use of v1 or anything close. Can anyone confirm that the full version is markedly more efficient than v1??
Sounds great though.
Would be great to have the sound of Aether with a 1/4 of the cpu tax. is it a possible reality? or do i need to curb my expectations?

sqigls wrote:Breeze 2 is sounding deeper than v1 to me... but the demo isn't as efficient as i was expecting.
with the same settings, i'm getting say - 5% cpu use compared to 6%... i've compared a fair few different settings now, none achieving 1/2 of the use of v1 or anything close. Can anyone confirm that the full version is markedly more efficient than v1??
Sounds great though.
The demo and the full version should have the same CPU usage.

Do you happen to be using an older SSE CPU? The most impressive speedups are found on AVX1 and AVX2 CPUs.

Are you using a minimal host buffer size such as 64 or 32 samples?

What are you using to measure 5% vs 6% etc? Can you render a 5 minute export with Breeze 1 and Breeze 2 and compare render times?

sqigls wrote: Would be great to have the sound of Aether with a 1/4 of the cpu tax. is it a possible reality? or do i need to curb my expectations?
if it were possible to make the Aether alg exactly as-is (with oversampling etc) at 1/4th the CPU usage, we would have done it a long time ago. :wink:

But Breeze 2.0 should be able to achieve such CPU usage, yes. And should be in the same league, and perhaps even better in/for some cases/uses/needs.

Andrew Souter wrote:
sqigls wrote:Breeze 2 is sounding deeper than v1 to me... but the demo isn't as efficient as i was expecting.
Sounds great though.
The demo and the full version should have the same CPU usage.

Do you happen to be using an older SSE CPU? The most impressive speedups are found on AVX1 and AVX2 CPUs.

Are you using a minimal host buffer size such as 64 or 32 samples?

What are you using to measure 5% vs 6% etc? Can you render a 5 minute export with Breeze 1 and Breeze 2 and compare render times?

sqigls wrote: Would be great to have the sound of Aether with a 1/4 of the cpu tax. is it a possible reality? or do i need to curb my expectations?
if it were possible to make the Aether alg exactly as-is (with oversampling etc) at 1/4th the CPU usage, we would have done it a long time ago. :wink:
ok i'll test.

I'm running OSX10.9.5, Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 2.7GHz i7, buffer at the mo is 512 i think...
well, to me, Breeze 2 is stunning, haven't compared it to Aether yet, but i'm gonna have to pull the trigger... you have no idea how poor i am already. Why does audio have this hold on me? Doc, will I get better?

Hello,

I have fixed some problems in Audio Unit versions. This should potentially fix various issues/crashes when closing plug-in gui and or relocating plug-in to another track. guy you check it out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efRood ... x0r36/view

copy respective full or demo component from the zip to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

if you still have any crashes send crash logs to support@2caudio.com

Thanks for being patient and helpful for the time of pre-release stage. we are working to improve the product to release stage.
I've got avx-512 capable cpu now so we can compile and test avx-512 optimized version. stay tuned.

No more crashing on remove/delete/change! Seems a graphics glitch was also fixed: parts of the Breeze 2 GUI background would get a 'checkerboard' look after closing and re-opening the plug-in on a fairly regular basis. That's not happening anymore either.

Thanks!

Brad

If I load a Breeze 1.0 preset into Breeze 2 demo should it sound the same as if I loaded it into Breeze 1?
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:If I load a Breeze 1.0 preset into Breeze 2 demo should it sound the same as if I loaded it into Breeze 1?
in my experience no

Return to “Effects”