2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

sqigls wrote:Can anyone confirm that the full version is markedly more efficient than v1??
Nope, it isn't here. Comparing identical presets in both v1 & v2, some use a few cycles less CPU, but majority I tested actually use a couple of cycles more.

Maybe by making patches from scratch it can be more efficient, but comparing presets across versions actually suggests the opposite.

audiosabre wrote:
sqigls wrote:Can anyone confirm that the full version is markedly more efficient than v1??
Nope, it isn't here. Comparing identical presets in both v1 & v2, some use a few cycles less CPU, but majority I tested actually use a couple of cycles more.

Maybe by making patches from scratch it can be more efficient, but comparing presets across versions actually suggests the opposite.
Really? How are you measuring? Are you on an older SSE-CPU?

What CPU? OS? host? Buffer size? Sample rate?

sqigls wrote:
krankyone wrote:If I load a Breeze 1.0 preset into Breeze 2 demo should it sound the same as if I loaded it into Breeze 1?
in my experience no
Not 100% indentical. Correct. But should be quite similar in most cases. Extreme FX-type presets may diverge more than your standard bread and butter verb presets.

I'm demoing Breeze 2 and I'm stuck on the Classic Hall preset...can't move on, it sounds so gorgeous on this synth sound I have here....I tried to recreate it in VVV but can't do it. It seems like another reverb purchase is awaiting me!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

A reverb wash a day keeps all doctors away - Improvising with an FM pad sound (Avenger) straight into Breeze 2 using a custom preset, Breeze 2 is set to 45% wet inserted on the instrument track.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... s-breeze-2

^ Lovely :tu:

quick status update:

150 Factory Presets are complete now...

250 Presets for the "Simply Better Expansion" are complete now as well. I have made this one personally to show all the possibilities of the new features... this one focuses on "daily use" presets a lot more than FX presets.

but we just added a REALLY COOL last minute feature, and now I want to evaluate these presets again to see which ones should use this new feature... so it will probably be next week by time I post the new presets etc.

We have decided to create one other 3rd party expansion as well (by Simon), which will also be included in the Breeze 2.0 Pack and Perfect Storm and Everything pack once complete. (if you already bought these it will be gifted to you.)

We will also retune the "Simplicity Expansion" to optimize it for the 2.0 features. This was done by a third party (Den), so we are waiting for his availability to retune it...

We like doing these 3rd party expansions in addition to mine bc sometimes it is good to have different perspectives and sometimes it's even better NOT to know how the alg works exactly bc it has the side effect of forcing you to use your ears exclusively to make presets. And of course all this stuff is subjective, so it's nice to have different perspectives. :tu:

anyway, this last minute feature is REALLY COOL! 8)
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Andrew. When you post an update note like the previous can you conclude with the status and how to get this update? I've been looking through my account etc looking for where do download and I see nothing new there. So I have concluded that this was just a note from you and there are no files yet to get. It would be helpful if you could include info about when and where the update will be available so we don't have to assume and possibly waste time looking for where to get it when it might not be available yet. thanks!

Andrew! Confusing!

Is this last minute new feature something in the software like a new algorithm or new control, or is this last minute new feature a full bank from Simon? Either way, I'm intrigued.

Also I have had no crashes with the latest sse version. Glad that's sorted out.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

My bank for Breeze 2 will be accomplished by mid February, so that can not be the last minute feature.

ya, sorry. I meant simply a "status update", like "here's what where are doing at the moment, in case anyone cares" kind of thing... there is no new public build yet.

The new feature is an actual new feature, not presets. we just added it today, so I want to explore it for a little bit before giving full details.

Thank you, sir!

Appreciate the update, and I understand about waiting a while before revealing it. Intrigued, as I said
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Tried and bought today

I didn't think I needed another reverb but its a great introductory price and I was really taken by the sound and how light on the CPU it was for the sound.

Cant wait to try the next version with 'new feature'!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Processing an improvisation played on eight crystal bowls with a wooden beater with a fresh Breeze 2 preset (inserted directly on the stereo audio track).

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... owl-mix-fx

Small acoustic space example using this new feature we are exploring...

excuse the sloppy playing. i just improved it... :? the point is to show how effectively we can spatialize even small/tight sizes...

http://soundcloud.com/2caudio/kontact-nylon-gtr-wet

http://soundcloud.com/2caudio/kontact-nylon-gtr-dry

Return to “Effects”