Corridors of Shame

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally got around to making a recording of a song that was composed by myself and three friends in 1990.

This song is for all the children abandoned in the Romanian orphanages, and for those friends (now gone). It has taken me a very long time to manage to sing it, as well as make a recording that I think is acceptable.

Somewhere in the world this kind of abandonment is still going on, so the song is also full of love for those suffering today.

Ogg or Mp3

The full story behind how this song came about is here
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

the title really hits home folderol. very sombre lyrics and story but maybe the hope in your music brings a much needed thought at christmas.
good goin mate

I like your singing, you should do that more often.

Breaks my heart :-(
Thanks for sharing :hug:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Maybe bring your voice further out to the front of the mix.

Beyond that minor observation, words escape me here.

This was definitely worth doing. Thanks for sharing this...

Nice.

I have one point though: I like your rough (no critique, I really like it!!) and very intimate vocals but I think those pad, bell and string sounds don't do justice to the vocalstyle or the content of the song.

Beautiful song... sounds good

Melancholic Christmas vibe, dense and well built, thanks to the inspired vocal line. Very soft and appropriate arrangement, right for the mood.
Nicely done

Cheers

I like your singing, you should do that more often.
Yes !
Waow, it's your voice ? I like your voice. :shock:
Very... I don't now the words in english langage... Très douce, sensible, un peu cassée naturellement, traînante. Il y a parfois du Cohen là-dedans. Bien. Très bien.

When I listen your songs, I don't like the choice of your synthies, but I like the melodies, the pieces, and now your voice.
You must sing and sing again. Really. :clap:

It's a beautiful song though I'm not so sure about the smeary sounds. I think the lyrics and your voice are strong enough without them

Thank you all very much for such a warm response. It's always a bit scary when you present something as deep as this.

I will see if I can make the vocal a bit more prominent where it tends to fade.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I think you've managed to convey the message perfectly, and delivered in a style very reminiscent of the 80s when this kond of track was quite prevalent.

Very nicely done.

For me, mix critique is pointless here. :)

Bump

i've been meaning to listen to this. i remember this news very well and the horror of it all, i wasn't aware of the documentary a few years back, but sad to say it doesn't surprise me nothing has changed.

anyway, this is sung properly - with a voice and delivery that allows the words and images to take proper effect. a theme like this can easily get mired in trying to force sentiment and sincerity, which mercifully you do not do. nonetheless, it's a characterful voice you have. i look forward to hearing more of it.

cheers

Once again, thank you all very much for your comments.

... and thanks for the bump Daniel :)

Return to “Music Cafe”