Dancefloor stomping action: Flashback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's my latest track:

Aflecht - Flashback

All comments & feedback are welcome.

Here's the gear list.

SW:
Logic Pro 9
NI Battery 3
LennarDigital Sylenth1
IK Multimedia CSR
Cytomic Glue
SoundToys EchoBoy

HW:
Future Retro XS
Moog Little Phatty Stage II

Really liking this!! :love: Dark, funky and menacing.........just my cup of tea!! :wink: The mix sounds nice with just the right amount of punch and warmth with all elements having their own space. I really like the sounds you have used. It just feels like it is missing that something that will bring it to the next ULTIMATE level. I would like to hear more!!!! 8) Just noticed your website link so will checkout your stuff tomorrow as it is time for beddybyes. :P
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

^ agreed

For me it's subtracting that would help though. I'd be more inclined to crank the volume if it didn't have the techy sound that comes in with the snare in the intro and plays throughout

hesnotthemessiah wrote:It just feels like it is missing that something that will bring it to the next ULTIMATE level.
I agree with this.
It doesn't sound that bad to me, but it lacks uniqueness.
- no groove to remember
- "pitchy" saw riffs heard thousand times before.
- no "real" variation; of course there join new elements at some locations in the mix but each element seems to have only one expression/phrase
- drums lack energy. not sound- but musicwise. 90% of the time there's only a kick, a snare and I guess an open hat. No freakin off-beat closed hats, no agrressive ride/cymbal madness, no congas, no cowbell (!!! :D), ...
- last but no least: no vocal. clearly not a must have for such a style.
though even speaking "i don't know what to talk about" into a $5 dollar mic cranking it up with a vocoder and/or some other effects and some clever arrangement/stuttering could transform a not-so-bad tune into a great one.

Cheers,
Doc

Like "Tremors" even more!!! :wink: Keep it up! :P
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Return to “Music Cafe”