Instalation of DX in Sonar 8.5

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

I am trying to sort out where to install the Blue Cat suite for Sonar to recognize as DX or DXi so as to use the MIDI routing. When installed as VST the plugins don't appear in a MIDI channel's output as described in the tutorials, for parallel processing.
Any ideas are most welcome!

Declare within SONAR VST plugin manager the Blue Cat VST plugins as synths (there's a checkbox).

Then they'll show up as possible MIDI track targets.

- Mario

You can indeed declare the VST plug-ins as synths (which make them "VSTi"s), or install the DirectX version (anywhere: they are registered system-wide as opposed to VST plug-ins that have to be installed in a particular directory). Our DirectX versions are already declared as synths in Sonar so they are already MIDI enabled.

Beware that all the MIDI-enabled plug-ins will then appear in the "Synth" menu (not in the "Effects" menu).

Thank you all very much!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm You can indeed declare the VST plug-ins as synths (which make them "VSTi"s), or install the DirectX version (anywhere: they are registered system-wide as opposed to VST plug-ins that have to be installed in a particular directory). Our DirectX versions are already declared as synths in Sonar so they are already MIDI enabled.

Beware that all the MIDI-enabled plug-ins will then appear in the "Synth" menu (not in the "Effects" menu).
I can see it in the Synth menu. I create the Patchwork Synth, I load a VST3 for my Sonar Producer 8.5.3 DAW in patchwork, and there's no sound. I try loading midi on the synth track, no music.

Patchworks loads into a audio track FX plugin area with no issues, but doesn't work as a Synth for since reason? I've check the plugin properties and they are set correctly.

gtimmons wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:15 pm
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm You can indeed declare the VST plug-ins as synths (which make them "VSTi"s), or install the DirectX version (anywhere: they are registered system-wide as opposed to VST plug-ins that have to be installed in a particular directory). Our DirectX versions are already declared as synths in Sonar so they are already MIDI enabled.

I can see it in the Synth menu. I create the Patchwork Synth, I load a VST3 for my Sonar Producer 8.5.3 DAW in patchwork, and there's no sound. I try loading midi on the synth track, no music.

Patchworks loads into a audio track FX plugin area with no issues, but doesn't work as a Synth for since reason? I've check the plugin properties and they are set correctly.
VST3 support in Sonar 8.5 was pretty new if I remember well, with still a couple of issues. Have you tried to load the VST version instead?

Sonar Producer 8.5.3 does not support VST3 and reason why I would need your software first of all. It's reason I went to Reaper. I would love to go back, but it doesn't support VST3 is what is holding me back from using it again.

I have installed VST DEMO version of your plugin because VST3 isn't supported in Sonar Producer 8.5.3.

I'm currently trying to figure out why it doesn't work with Synth Rack. It works as a FX audio plugin, but not a MIDI plugin for Synth Rack.

Ignore this for now... I think it's a Sonar Producer issue and not your plugin issue for it not working in Synth. Cause I've tried other plugins and they don't work either.

Okay...

I started a new project in Sonar Producer 8.5.3 and load some known VST2 plugins. They work fine until I load BC Patchwork Synth 1. Then all plugins stop working properly.

I can create a YouTube video of what's happening. I'll post a back link on one of your YouTube channels.

That's odd. Unfortunately the oldest version of Sonar we have here for texting is Sonar Platinium and it works fine. Have you tried to load the instrument directly on a track, instead of using the synth rack?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:48 am That's odd. Unfortunately the oldest version of Sonar we have here for texting is Sonar Platinium and it works fine. Have you tried to load the instrument directly on a track, instead of using the synth rack?
FX works fine.

Loading a synth on a midi track?

I've got a video I'll post soon. I'll back link it to your YouTube channel. You can watch how loading a VST, then loading your VST makes it where audio no longer works after loading your plugin.

It will only let me load Cakewalk plugins in the FX of a midi track. I have to load instruments using Synth.

The FX of a audio track loads your plugin and works fine, but then how do I route midi to it?

If you had discord, I could let you watch my screen as I test different ways to load your software.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”