Kirnu - The Arpeggiator 1.0 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aircargo wrote: I can't say that I've ever really thought about needing the ability to daisy-chain VSTis before
:-o :-o
thbpbthphtbththpppthhhhhh
Compyfox wrote: Fight against it, release the "wrappers" again - maybe this might be "the" workaround for "a lot of users"
Yes, this.
If you really did write something that makes all these MIDI plugs un-retarded in some hosts, you would be the hero of all the users who are not too stupid to figure it out.

I agree though, the lack of a standard, and the lack of a single sensible implementation ever is pretty frustrating. To me it feels like the standard was allowed to sit and slack because there were no truly amazing MIDI plugs being made for a while. :shrug:

What was the one from the DevChallege a while back? Spider something?
That shit is amazing, and I almost lost my cookies trying to make it work properly....
ImageImageImageImage

Compyfox wrote:Seeing as on the GUI is written "Demo Version", I think all the suggestions and FR's might go into a commercial version or v2. The Sknote.it concept mayhaps? Though v2 of RoundTone wasn't planned that soon.
Mine says Free Version.
If people play the game it may be easier to stay free (donate if you use/like it), but that's Arto's choice.
If I buy a plug I expect that it works, at least to some degree. If I donate, then I donate and that's it.

Then the Screenshots on the page are a bit... misleading. ;)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

From the license:

"2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions

2.1. You may distribute he Software provided the following conditions are met:
· This license agreement must accompany the Software.
· You do not charge any money for the Software or its distribution without express written
permission from Arto Vaarala.
· The Software is not exploited commercially in any way.
· You do not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or give away any serial codes, license files or
information."

Isn't its use in comercial music allowed?. It doesn't state it clearly and "The Software is not exploited commercially in any way" could be interpreted as a 'no'.

You can use this software to make commercial music.

This license text is from section which used to describe the demo version usage. I will update the license because there are no demo version of Kirnu.

I was going to release Kirnu as commercial plugin hence the demo version text in the Kirnu in some pictures. I must update those also.
Last edited by Arde2 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Video: Kirnu - Setup in Ableton Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1zgfGGRWJY

Arde2 wrote:You can use this software to make commercial music.

This license text is from section which used to describe the demo version usage. I will update the license because there aren't no demo version of Kirnu.

I was going to release Kirnu as commercial plugin hence the demo version text in the Kirnu in some pictures. I must update those also.
Ok, thanks for the clarification!.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. In StudioOne, I have it receiving midi input from another plugin. I have 3 held notes for a measure. Kirnu wants to play all of my arpeggiation as one solitary note in the first step. When it does cycle, which it only does when I unclick the "phrase" button and click the "on beat" button on, it won't go the selected 8 steps, but rather 12. I never selected 12 but it doesn't seem to care. After 30 minutes of clicking everything, I gave up.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Arde2 wrote:Keep posting your comments, feature requests and bug reports.
Like others have said, being able to change patterns or programs to sync would be nice. An example would be Stormgate1 where patterns are changed by midi notes snapped to 1/4 or 1/8 of host. But a simple program change message with snap would do, at least for DAW work.

I would also like to see more CC's if possible. Of course, a CC doubler and inverter can give more expressions, but they will be mirror or opposites of the 2 which is not always ideal, although quite useful.

Here's anyway a video how to get more CC's working using S-CC-Matrix and CC Scale/Invert, and also to use Matrix for VSTs with odd and fixed midi mappings like V-Station: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_nKHj-UMc&hd=1

Thanks V'ger for you video. It was pretty cool.

I think I have enough feature request for next Kirnu version ;)
There will definitely be more CC controllers there. How much is enough?

The challenge for me is to try add all these new features to Kirnu and keep it still easy to use. Maybe I can figure something out :)

-Arto

I think if you go nuts with CCs controlling effects as well, 6 is minimum as 4 can easily go to the synth with filters and envelopes etc. 8 is probably the best. ;)

Sorry for the extra work but I'm sure you can figure out how to incorporate the new features seamlessly. :)

Arde2 wrote:Hi all,

Kirnu v1.0 MIDI arpeggiator VST plugin for windows is now available for download.
Hi !

Wow, wonderful work, thank you for this awesome piece of plugin ! (I saw videos)

However, and unfortunately, I can't use it because of a 64 bit DAW, any plan to make it x64 compliant ? :oops:

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Zouk !

desperately waiting for the mac os x version :-)

Chemik wrote:Not sure what I am doing wrong. In StudioOne, I have it receiving midi input from another plugin. I have 3 held notes for a measure. Kirnu wants to play all of my arpeggiation as one solitary note in the first step. When it does cycle, which it only does when I unclick the "phrase" button and click the "on beat" button on, it won't go the selected 8 steps, but rather 12. I never selected 12 but it doesn't seem to care. After 30 minutes of clicking everything, I gave up.

..I think you have to set it to send midi not recieve

FYI

osx VST version, win x64 version and non SSE2 version are on their way...

Return to “Instruments”