Freeze effect (like the pedal)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!
First post here (though I've been reading you for years).

So...
Last month I bought a Electro Harmonix Freeze pedal and it's just amazing.
I've been using it to freeze a guitar, a digital piano, a kaossilator, a monotron, a n1ntendo ds....

The thing is that I'd love to do the same trick ITB. I currently own Granite but it is too granular and doesn't work exactly the same and no real time processing.
I know there are a couple of similar vst like slip n' slide or time freezer but I've not tried them yet.

So, is there any real time sample and hold like the Electro Harmonix pedal?

TL;DR Is there a VST like the freeze pedal from EH?

Cheers!!!

i think 'ambience' reverb does a freeze function, and it's free! (i think!)
maybe not quite the same tho
Last edited by shanecgriffo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks a lot for your answers.
For sure that thread is going to help (I don't why the search form didn't found it)

cheers!

Time Freezer seems right into you alley...

http://www.timefreezer.net/

I've been intrigued by this pedal too, but I--unlike you--don't own one. If I did, I could just route the outputs of my interface into the Freeze, then its' outputs back into my interface.

hi guys!
I keep looking for this, I've tried ambience (nice verb btw) but it doesn't work like the pedal.
The Freeze just samples the sound (500 ms maybe?) and loop it forever.
Ambience does mangle that sample.

Time freezer seems to be the thing but it's a pity there's no demo, you have to buy it to try....

cheers!!

ping panic wrote: Time freezer seems to be the thing but it's a pity there's no demo, you have to buy it to try....

cheers!!
Indeed no demo but check the videos on the website, they are pretty demonstrative of what Time Freeze can do, you will have a very good idea. Pretty sure it will do the job for freezing incoming audio without mangling it too much.

I haven't heard the EH Freeze pedal but I've heard it's very cool. Does the "loop" switch on Audio Damage DubStation do a similar thing?

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/1882

There used to be a VST effect called Spectral Monkeyage that had an excellent freeze function, but...good luck getting hold of it!
Pithy apothegm goeth here...

Return to “Effects”