Sonigen Announces Sonigen Modular beta.

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jazz Franco wrote: It's an XP SP3 Home Edition Samsung 150 netbook with Atom CPU. Asio is ASIO4All. I have some other audio softwares installed (Psycle and EnergyXT1.4), they're running fine. I'll try to reinstall tonite, maybe I'd have to run the installed software as an admin? So far the problem was exactly as I've written above in this thread: I double-click the exe, but nothing happens at all (no error messages or crashes, just nothing)
Hi, I should have asked earlier but could you send me the ErrorLog, its at...

"My Documents\Sonigen Modular Data\ErrorLog.txt"

Assuming it actualy exists or has anything in it that is.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I made some Sonigen patches and created some demo soundfiles and put them on soundcloud. I also made some own wavetables that I used on the demos... I'm looking forward to see this synth mature!

http://snd.sc/h8SUeP

Jesse J wrote:ud. I also made some own wavetables that I used on the demos...
How did you do that ? When i press the EditWaveButton nothing happens.

jupiter8 wrote:
Jesse J wrote:ud. I also made some own wavetables that I used on the demos...
How did you do that ? When i press the EditWaveButton nothing happens.
Download the latest version, at some point it got messed up, but it's working now.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Jesse J wrote:I made some Sonigen patches and created some demo soundfiles and put them on soundcloud. I also made some own wavetables that I used on the demos... I'm looking forward to see this synth mature!

http://snd.sc/h8SUeP
Hi Jesse, those are really awsome, it's very gratifying to hear someone make such great sounds with my synth! :D

Could I put a link to them on my site?

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
Jazz Franco wrote: It's an XP SP3 Home Edition Samsung 150 netbook with Atom CPU. Asio is ASIO4All. I have some other audio softwares installed (Psycle and EnergyXT1.4), they're running fine. I'll try to reinstall tonite, maybe I'd have to run the installed software as an admin? So far the problem was exactly as I've written above in this thread: I double-click the exe, but nothing happens at all (no error messages or crashes, just nothing)
Hi, I should have asked earlier but could you send me the ErrorLog, its at...

"My Documents\Sonigen Modular Data\ErrorLog.txt"

Assuming it actualy exists or has anything in it that is.

Thanks,
It's empty. I found the reason though: if I move the data folder from its default location (which is named with Cyrillic characters 0n my system) to elswhere named with Latin characters, the program starts. There's a similar bug with FabFilterOne, resulting in missing default bank. I thought that may be the reason and proved right. But there's no sound at all -- although the VU meter moves, showing there's something going on and the ASIO4All icon appears in system tray. Still nothing in the error log.

sonigen wrote:
Jesse J wrote:Could I put a link to them on my site?
Yes, feel free to use them in any way you want!

Do you think patches made with the beta will work in the future or will they be broken when new modules are added or existing modules are updated with improved versions? Meaning, is there any point in uploading the patches somewhere?

Jesse J wrote:Do you think patches made with the beta will work in the future or will they be broken when new modules are added or existing modules are updated with improved versions? Meaning, is there any point in uploading the patches somewhere?
It's designed so that things can evolve safely but there is a chance old patches might need the odd tweak should I change something major. So they will load but they might not sound exactly the same.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Jazz Franco wrote:It's empty. I found the reason though: if I move the data folder from its default location (which is named with Cyrillic characters 0n my system) to elswhere named with Latin characters, the program starts. There's a similar bug with FabFilterOne, resulting in missing default bank. I thought that may be the reason and proved right. But there's no sound at all -- although the VU meter moves, showing there's something going on and the ASIO4All icon appears in system tray. Still nothing in the error log.
Thanks Franco, that's a big help regarding the Cyrillic caracters.

Regarding the no sound issue, are you using the ASIO logging version uploaded in the other thread?
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote: What I want is feedback, so let me know what you think.
Hi, this looks and sounds fantastic! I don't have a MIDI interface so I cant actually play it yet but I'd like the controls to respond to mousewheel if that's possible.

Good luck!

Airlock wrote:Hi, this looks and sounds fantastic! I don't have a MIDI interface so I cant actually play it yet but I'd like the controls to respond to mousewheel if that's possible.

Good luck!
It's on the todo list.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Chris,

Just read your about us on your site -- 6502 asm !!!! :lol: :lol:

Now do this:

Go to Amazon and type in Making Music with Microprocessors in search. If you see a listing, then you know I speak (or did) 6502 assembler -- the final project in that book was a modular hardware synthesizer using a keyboard interfaced to a SYM-1 computer running an assembler program I did. Hoooooo boy am I old. :lol:

Going to download and play with your modular system now!

Cheers! :tu:

I finally had some time to test this.
I'm impressed! :)

I really like the sound and the workflow! And the CPU usage is really, really low!

Cheers
Dennis

I briefly tested your synth and was a bit lost (new to modulars). A tutorial would be nice, but I'm trying to learn by checking the provided examples.

I have no MIDI keyboard and I am using a virtual midi keyboard that I connect with a virtual midi cable. This works, but it would be nice if you could add a virtual midi keyboard that reacts to the keyboard of my laptop and with the extra possibility to choose your keyboard layout (I use AZERTY). This way I can use my laptop keyboard to play with your synth.

I can dynamically add remove midi ports to my virtual midi cable driver and noticed that your synth did not find those. I'm guessing that you scan for available midi ports at the startup of your application. Can you add a button to rescan the available midi ports or should I just remember to create my virtual port before I start your application :) ?

Mousewheel control for the controls would also be much appreciated.

ludwig wrote:I have no MIDI keyboard.
Perhaps you should get one?

Check out this basic synthesis tutorial:
http://www.clavia.se/nordmodular/modula ... rkshop.htm

Return to “Sonigen”