Sonigen Announces Sonigen Modular beta.

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ludwig wrote:I briefly tested your synth and was a bit lost (new to modulars). A tutorial would be nice, but I'm trying to learn by checking the provided examples.

I have no MIDI keyboard and I am using a virtual midi keyboard that I connect with a virtual midi cable. This works, but it would be nice if you could add a virtual midi keyboard that reacts to the keyboard of my laptop and with the extra possibility to choose your keyboard layout (I use AZERTY). This way I can use my laptop keyboard to play with your synth.

I can dynamically add remove midi ports to my virtual midi cable driver and noticed that your synth did not find those. I'm guessing that you scan for available midi ports at the startup of your application. Can you add a button to rescan the available midi ports or should I just remember to create my virtual port before I start your application :) ?

Mousewheel control for the controls would also be much appreciated.
Mousewheel support is on the todo list, fairly high priority. The rest is on the ideas list, stuff to look into. Actually the improved docs / tutorials is already on the todo list as well, but low priority ATM.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Just want to chime in here and say that this is a nice piece of work you bring to us hungry synth addicts.

I see you are getting flooded with suggestions and such, so i'll keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the marvel of your work so far :)

Dont get overwhelmed by all things that COULD be done to improve your work, take it slow and keep the FUN factor up. Dont get caught by the hungry mob, they will NEVER stop their hunger for more. Do what you feel is right, in your own pace.

I'll see if i can come up with something interesting in its present state.

Anyways, really brave move doing a modular :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

I hope you do some presets for this synth in the future!

just want to say this is a fab synth
straightforward to use
and really hard to get it to sound bad
love the source tabs as opposed to drag and drop
love the concept

thankyou

dave

I'll say this thing is pretty amazing and it works flawlessly so far in Tracktion 3, Win XP 32. Before I fall too far in love with it, though, any estimation of the eventual price? :)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Sonigen”