June Patch Contest suggesions?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Decided that making a separate thread for is probably a better idea than hiding it in the current Tyrell contest thread.

The u-he music contest idea is still very much alive but postponed, so I'm canvassing for ideas for June's patch contest.

All suggestions gratefully accepted. Bear in mind that to encourage reasonable levels of participation suggestions need to be both interesting and appeal to a wide range of tastes and abilities - not an easy ask. ;)

If we can come to some sort of consensus I'll happily go along with that.

Ideas so far:
pocvecam wrote:I would like to see a choir/voice pads competition. Really love those PPG and Prophet VS like voices. And imagine what you can do with those waves in Zebra!
another suggestion: FM synthesis only - No filters allowed!
jobromedia wrote:My idea: Loops and rhythms. With the MSEG's in Zebra it is possible to create some awesome loops.
another idea right there: Noises. * Fans * Engines * Mechanics * Electronics
Oh while I'm at it: Nature elements. * Water * Wind * Earth * Fire
3ee wrote:Zebra mini drum kit challenge. Where each contestant will make 8 percussion sounds that would work together as a drum kit.
Urs wrote:How about some fun stuff like "animal voice"? - It doesn't need to be the barking sound that a zebra makes, but maybe a cat meow, a howling wolf or the tranquil experience of a singing whale?
Last edited by hakey on Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nice idea with a separate topic. My idea: Loops and rhythms. With the MSEG's in Zebra it is possible to create some awesome loops. Don't believe me? Listen to my track A shot in the dark. 90% of that track is Zebra. Drums, bass, pads and bells. The only thing not Zebra is the arpeggio since it comes from SynthMaster 2.5.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:Nice idea with a separate topic. My idea: Loops and rhythms. With the MSEG's in Zebra it is possible to create some awesome loops. Don't believe me? Listen to my track A shot in the dark. 90% of that track is Zebra. Drums, bass, pads and bells. The only thing not Zebra is the arpeggio since it comes from SynthMaster 2.5.
Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'll include it in the OP.

I was thinking of something that might possibly be along similar lines.

A 'Single Key Press + XY Pads contest': design a patch that could be played using 4 pads and a keyboard which only has one working key.

It's the kind of contest which would be very suited for people making percussion loops, arpeggios, one key mini tracks, or just weird effects.

Zebra mini drum kit challenge.
Were each contestant will make 8 percussion sounds that would work together as a drum kit.

Dunno, I found this very interesting as Zebra can make pretty cool percussive sounds. :)

3ee wrote:Zebra mini drum kit challenge.
Were each contestant will make 8 percussion sounds that would work together as a drum kit.
Added to the OP (though we had a Zebra percussion contest not so long ago).

Good idea with the seperate thread.
I quite like pocvecam's choir/voice pad idea.
:)

Resonator63 wrote:I quite like pocvecam's choir/voice pad idea.
Yep, me too! A lot! :)

How about Voice/Choirs without specifying pads?

Vocal pads would still be included, but it also allows for a few other interpretations of vocal type sounds.

Sounds good to me.Some more quirky voice patches would be better than just pads.
I like it :D

How about some fun stuff like "animal voice"? - It doesn't need to be the barking sound that a zebra makes, but maybe a cat meow, a howling wolf or the tranquil experience of a singing whale?

^Yep, it's certainly different!

+1 for Urs idea, I love the idea of a animal voice comp.

If anyone can get it to sound like that dalamatian, then I wanna get that preset lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFsR772EByQ
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I'd be happy with either voice/choir or animal noise.
Both sound fun.

Hey another idea right there: Noises.

* Fans
* Engines
* Mechanics
* Electronics

Oh while I'm at it: Nature elements.

* Water
* Wind
* Earth
* Fire
Best regards from Johan Brodd.