Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

1. thanks for the AS build. This is one of my favourite plugins and it was hard not having it on my new laptop :)
2. I also like the UI

fgimian wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 am Hey Andy, thanks for all your hard work on the VST3 versions. Any idea why the new installers no longer read the VST2 path from the registry on Windows? The previous versions would respect the value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST > "VSTPluginsPath".
Both the VST3 and VST2 plugin locations have been standardised to:
* C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
* C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 (and a few others for VST2, but this is the one that matches the VST3)
and no longer rely on registry entries. If you search for “registry” on this page you see nothing about this being used for the location of the VST2 plugin path:

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Thanks for making this a drop-in update, so that vst2 projects get properly recalled with the vst3. :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:42 pm
fgimian wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 am Hey Andy, thanks for all your hard work on the VST3 versions. Any idea why the new installers no longer read the VST2 path from the registry on Windows? The previous versions would respect the value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST > "VSTPluginsPath".
* C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 (and a few others for VST2, but this is the one that matches the VST3)
and no longer rely on registry entries. If you search for “registry” on this page you see nothing about this being used for the location of the VST2 plugin path:

they changed it probably recently to Common Files.
It would be good if The Drop remembers the place it's installed. So we would not have to chose the install path on each update again. If it's doing that already, great, if not please add a feature request :)

The different paths for VST2 plugins is annoying. What I do on my Windows machine is symbolic link the folders to C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:42 pm

Thanks for your reply, I see your point. I too have always used this path but prefer to put VST2 plugins in sub-directories per vendor to keep things neat. This probably mostly originates from older Cubase versions which would use the directory structure on disk to display plugins in the DAW plugin menu too. These days, Cubase lets you organise everything any way you like so I guess putting them all in the base VST2 directory is totally fine.

fgimian wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:37 pm Thanks for your reply, I see your point. I too have always used this path but prefer to put VST2 plugins in sub-directories per vendor to keep things neat. This probably mostly originates from older Cubase versions which would use the directory structure on disk to display plugins in the DAW plugin menu too. These days, Cubase lets you organise everything any way you like so I guess putting them all in the base VST2 directory is totally fine.
You can install the VST2 version of The Glue in any folder you want on Windows - the installer prompts for where you want to put it. If you want to put it in a Cytomic sub folder, that is fine. There are no other files to worry about it is completely self contained, so you can even move it after install wherever you want.

edit: you can also add your preferred VST2 folder to your Favourites in Windows File Explorer, then click on this whenever a file dialogue box opens to immediately navigate to that folder.

Update: The Drop v1.8.2 is released which fixes a possible issue with bypass not working properly in some situations. This may also help with some random shutdown crashes people have been having.

Thanks!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Any hidden Cytomic goodness ( ala Echo ) in the new Ableton 12 devices, aside from the obvious reappearance of ( what I’m guessing are the newer higher def/lower cpu MD versions ) the Cytomic filters in Meld?

Aaron Zilch wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:25 am Any hidden Cytomic goodness ( ala Echo ) in the new Ableton 12 devices, aside from the obvious reappearance of ( what I’m guessing are the newer higher def/lower cpu MD versions ) the Cytomic filters in Meld?
What? Did he have anything to do with Echo in Ableton?

audiouser720 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:26 am
Aaron Zilch wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:25 am Any hidden Cytomic goodness ( ala Echo ) in the new Ableton 12 devices, aside from the obvious reappearance of ( what I’m guessing are the newer higher def/lower cpu MD versions ) the Cytomic filters in Meld?
What? Did he have anything to do with Echo in Ableton?
It has cytomic filters
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

love my drop! would second polivoks and even more desired: a frequensteiner model!? :ud:

Not that I know of. Meld has the obvious modes which are now I think SD (simplified detail) vs the MD (medium detail) of the older devices - which is the same as drift mode II filter (SD MS2 4 pole low pass).

Andy!

What you got cooking?

13 years later, The Drop is still the best sounding filter plugin!

We need need some new audio goodies from you!

Return to “Effects”