Oberheim SEM emulation - released (demo available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good that it works.
What Sequencer Add-on ? (I just called it that way for not using "sEm")
ImageImage

Wok,please read my earlier post-it's all sorted now and sounds great-been after the SEM sound for ages.
Cheers
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

WOK wrote:Good that it works.
What Sequencer Add-on ? (I just called it that way for not using "sEm")
Oh,I thought you might of had a sequencer designed for it or something-no worries.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

synthmagic wrote:Oh,I thought you might of had a sequencer designed for it or something-no worries.
http://music.service-1.de/html/clockwor ... r_vst.html
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
synthmagic wrote:Oh,I thought you might of had a sequencer designed for it or something-no worries.
http://music.service-1.de/html/clockwor ... r_vst.html
Cool.

I used to own an FVS-1, and this sounds gorgeous. Is there a midi learn to assign knobs to a controller? Separate up and down bend ranges would be good.

Gonga wrote: Is there a midi learn to assign knobs to a controller?
I thought that's not necessary as all modern DAWs should have this build in.
Separate up and down bend ranges would be good.
I wanted to stay close to the original as possible (not too many extra knobs).
ImageImage

coming next:

A reduced version of SAM, similar the original unit. Monophonic. (Thus half price)
This is particularly an addon for ClockWOrK (hence the name).
As a time limited special offer this will be free for new customers who buy ClockWOrK during October!

Audio demo
(3x Clockwork, 4x SAMse. Each track recorded directly to audio with fiddling Clockwork's knobs - no automation).

Link

ImageImage

Last edited by WOK on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

:hihi:
And your version looks better (imo), is dongle free and without the usual Arturia crap :)
Can't compare the sound yet of course :)

Cheers
Dennis

I'm loving the sound of this in mono mode. It's full of character, especially in 'old' mode. Waveforms and filter are very unique!

Is anyone else hearing slight but definitely hearable intermodulation on some poly sounds, though? For example if I select the Sine preset, hold down a note and play others around it, there's a sort of low-midrange difference tone, like you get when you play chords into distortion, but much more subtle.

I didn't hear anything like this in the audio demos so I'm wondering if it's something to do with my computer (which is pretty old). It's not happening on any of my other synths.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

The name "SEMulation" appears to be available.

Sendy wrote:I'm loving the sound of this in mono mode. It's full of character, especially in 'old' mode. Waveforms and filter are very unique!

Is anyone else hearing slight but definitely hearable intermodulation on some poly sounds, though? For example if I select the Sine preset, hold down a note and play others around it, there's a sort of low-midrange difference tone, like you get when you play chords into distortion, but much more subtle.

I didn't hear anything like this in the audio demos so I'm wondering if it's something to do with my computer (which is pretty old). It's not happening on any of my other synths.
You could save the .fxp preset and send it to me, because I am not quite sure what you mean. But of course - specially in "old" mode - the plugin is made to not produce exact clean sounds like a pure sine... :)
ImageImage

Howard wrote:The name "SEMulation" appears to be available.
:hihi:

They beat you to Mac VST/AU though.

Return to “Instruments”