new track remixed: dub / ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,

let me share this new track, it's a remix made by Coppice Halifax (one of Brian Grainger / Milieu multiple monikers).

http://soundcloud.com/arbeemonkey/couve ... ce-halifax

it's some dub/ambient track, just tell me what you guys think about it. I will release it soon as part of my next solo project, cannot wait for the official release.

thanks for listening,
arbee

The chord progression is good.
I like the sounds used in the track.
The rithmic part too.
Relaxing and dreamy, all i want always.

The only thing i didn't like so much is the intro, too long, slow and repetitive.
And i'm a trance-ambient composer, and i'm very patient with slow changes, and accustomed to repetitive things, but 2 minutes without changes is a bit risky and too much.
Maybe you could use filter effects, or another kind of instruments (metals for example which fits perfect for an ambient part) to make the listener to pay attention to the song.
Something like "Hey, wake up, i'm here 'Cling-Cling'"
Use those metals, or whatever you are going to use in the panoramic left and right, etc. The listener ears will be grateful.

I'm making music since i was 14 (even before) and i'm still learning.
I think like all of us. So don't think i'm a proffesional, just a dude with the same taste as you who want to help you a bit.

Of course, keep making this kind of music.

Have a good day and cheers for those great chords :)

thanks a lot for the nice comments and suggestions !

really appreciated !

if anyone likes the music or not, I would like to have more comments...

thanks !

i also liked this track once it got going, very mellow, gradual, flowing style. very meditative. the mix is nice and all the parts fit together seamlessly.

i do agree that the intro is probably too long for many listeners, i think it would have been better to fade in closer to the point where the drums come in.

thanks for sharing, i enjoyed listening to this one a lot.

A nice relaxing feel to this one. I like the style and the sounds employed here. I thought the intro was ok. But I made some tracks with long intros too!

yeah, coppice halifax did a pretty amazing job of building this track with my own sounds. I'm glad you guys like it. I like the long intro, but I'm into ambient music so I guess I'm biaised !!

thanks again for the comments, it's always nice to have some feedback.

Nice track...I am a big fan of synth stabs with 3/16 delay and I think your song could greatly benefit from a progression of this...It is subtle and doesnt interfere with your main bassline/melody and adds great texture to a track i find, and with a bit of filtering sounds extremely professional...

A very evocative chord progression,but a bit more structure & changes would be nice.

-Thom

Return to “Music Cafe”