Remakes With Ableton

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi al. Been using ableton for about a month now and was my first real daw experience (previously acid pro 6). I found it difficult to get started and even now feel i have only scratched the surface but i had an idea to remake a song and hoped that would force me to delve deeper into the software to get the right sounds and it helped alot.

Heres the result so far although it is work in progress and a few sounds arent quite right yet but looking forward to tweeking those and learning more.

Please post comments good or bad as it can only help me going forward. Thankyou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eYv-DLdXNs

kamalp77 wrote:Hi al. Been using ableton for about a month now and was my first real daw experience (previously acid pro 6). I found it difficult to get started and even now feel i have only scratched the surface but i had an idea to remake a song and hoped that would force me to delve deeper into the software to get the right sounds and it helped alot.

Heres the result so far although it is work in progress and a few sounds arent quite right yet but looking forward to tweeking those and learning more.

Please post comments good or bad as it can only help me going forward. Thankyou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eYv-DLdXNs
You are just starting. Your result is really not piece of music which could be called "track" IMHO but more like elements of music which needs to be tied and arranged in better way.

There is nothing wrong with your result you are just at the beginning.

Don't stop to learn. Plenty of good youtube tutorials are available so take your time and slowly learn and develop your skill, style and character. If you are for that then you are for that. You just have to be unique and yourself. It's all fun my friend.

Enjoy the ride and keep up with learning and good stuff :wink:

Thanks KMonkey.

I am still trying to get it to sound better first before i rearrange the mix. The guitar sounds pretty awful just now and the synth lead isnt quite right also need to work on the bassline. Once thats done i will be exploring how to mixdown and master which will be a first and im looking forward to the challenge and picking up some tips.

I have plenty of ideas and my own style. I just done this remake to help me understand and learn ableton more in depth because when you try to emulate each instrument from scratch it forces you to be more focused and teaches you alot of tricks on the way.

Acid was good for me but there was no way you could get any decent results, ableton has opened my eyes and only your imagination is the limit.

kamalp77 wrote:I have plenty of ideas and my own style. I just done this remake to help me understand and learn ableton more in depth because when you try to emulate each instrument from scratch it forces you to be more focused and teaches you alot of tricks on the way.

Acid was good for me but there was no way you could get any decent results, ableton has opened my eyes and only your imagination is the limit.
Indeed. There is plenty of tools available which will support your creativity in this or another way. Just remember that you have to learn, develop and to be patient. Don't be shy to ask here, a lot of good people is here. Nothing comes fast and learning music isn't joke. Just stick with it and see where it will drive you. Even if you "fail" there is nothing wrong with it. Plenty of other jobs and options for anyone. As long as you are happy.

Good luck man!

Im looking forward to learning as much as i can. This is a hobby for me. I cant get anywhere near professional sounding results just now. Especially with the equipment I have but its still fun to learn and push yourself to do better.

All the best Kmonkey Take Care!!!!!!!

kamalp77 wrote:I cant get anywhere near professional sounding results just now. Especially with the equipment I have ...
What makes you think you can't get professional results with Live? It has everything you need if you learn how to use it properly (as does Acid).
Try not to get ahead of yourself, thinking about learning mastering before you know how to arrange and mix is rather unrealistic. One step at a time ... :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”