PayPal and the GIFT option for international users (19 EU / 6 International countries atm)

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Received a long mail from PP with a link to an even longer update on their terms and conditions.
I didn't and won't read everything, but I noticed the big differences in the fees they charge for payments between certain countries. Payments to Germany are particularly expensive, while those to Japan are the cheapest. Even within the EU there are big differences, odd...

Quick question, how can i be assured as a seller that I won't be subjected to fraud if someone receives a license, but then wants their money back and uses paypals chargeback?

nino213 wrote:Quick question, how can i be assured as a seller that I won't be subjected to fraud if someone receives a license, but then wants their money back and uses paypals chargeback?
You can't be. That's the risk you have to take.

On the other hand, you have either the emails, or you can ask the company for proof about the license transfer. It's not like you automatically lose, if you're on the seller side.

See here for details: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/arti ... ne-faq2036

Save at least 5% by letting your card provider or bank handle the currency exchange instead of Paypal.

the card provider doing the conversion turns out cheaper than paypals conversion

nino213 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:21 pm Quick question, how can i be assured as a seller that I won't be subjected to fraud if someone receives a license, but then wants their money back and uses paypals chargeback?
Paypal doesn't provide Seller protection if it's a digital product, also protection is discretionary, they are not obligated to pay anyone. So none of us are protected unless shipping a physical tracked product and that's not guaranteed.

Make sure the buyer includes details of what they are buying in the Paypal payment notes section, or send them an invoice. If they want the details sent to a different email address to the one in the Paypal payment send emails to both and CC the developer.

Send the serials etc via email, not KVR PM and copy in the company who's product youre selling.
(Eg For xlnaudio I changed the account details to the buyer's name and email. I emailed xlnaudio to let them know, they were fine with this and confirmed it had gone through Ok and of course were now aware of the transfer.
I sold some unregistered serials for Sonible, emailed the buyer the serials with details of the sale and entire email thread, which included the Paypal payment receipt and CC'd Sonible. They were therefore aware and confirmed by email.)

ILok transfers generate an email to the Transferring party detailing what has been transferred.

All evidence but who knows if Paypal would act on any of it.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I bought a plugin license a few month ago, via PayPal. The plugin was completely bogus and the seller / manufacturer woudn't answer, so I started a case in PayPal and got my money back. So even for virtual products, it works or worked for me.

PayPal just announced they are changing the currency conversion fee to 4% for converting all currencies (including US and Canadian dollars) when you pay for goods or services.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I just used transferwise to pay for something and it was pretty painless and certainly they preferred it as it is much cheaper fee-wise. Has anyone used transferwise much like paypal ie sending and recieiving money?

I recommend Transferwise as well. They have the lowest conversion fees. It's transparent, bank to bank, reliable. Paypal fees policy is outdated.

When I use Paypal's currency conversion ("send $xx.xx usd, they'll receive €xx.xx"), the seller consistently doesn't receive the full amount that Paypal has indicated they would receive. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Not talking about their Goods & Services fee, I believe this has to do with their currency exchange rate/process.

Kerry

Transferwise doesn't offer buyer (or seller) protection, should be treated with deep suspicion just like Paypal's "gift" options.

Transferwise's own site warns that their system breaks even a credit card's protection/insurance, since it is not considered a direct buyer-seller relationship.

Please add Lithuania into the list, our government doesn't impose any rules for gift option via Paypal.

Thank you

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”