Quiver: developer asking for beta feedback

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quiver

randomelement2' wrote:Thanks. I did find it on other sites, and it didn't look like what I was expecting, meaning various modules being connected. Although someone else I think compared it to ACE, so maybe that explains it. Does the site tell the various modules that it comes with?
If you're new to this kind of interface, there's a tutorial video on the website which covers some of the basics.

If you right-click the grid sections, you get a list of the modules available for that page. There's no manual at the moment though, sorry.

kminardi wrote:D'l last night. Quickly looked at. Sounds good but the text is very difficult to read. Can the font size be larger? Layout seems good. Actually it all seems good but the UI strains my eyes, particularly the text but great start. Cheers!
Thanks! I'm aiming for some kind of skinning customization, since it seems impossible to please everyone :-). Bugfixes are higher on my TODO list at the moment though, but it'll come eventually.

abstractcats wrote:A few sounds(done very fast while I sat at jury duty earlier today so they need some work)
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1537
Aren't you supposed to pay attention on jury duty? :)

I listened to the presets, cool! I particularly liked the metallicness of the reverse string presets. I also listened to some of your other soundcloud songs. The ambient stuff is good, and right up my alley!

ralphb wrote:
abstractcats wrote:A few sounds(done very fast while I sat at jury duty earlier today so they need some work)
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1537
Aren't you supposed to pay attention on jury duty? :)

I listened to the presets, cool! I particularly liked the metallicness of the reverse string presets. I also listened to some of your other soundcloud songs. The ambient stuff is good, and right up my alley!
Glad you like the presets, I'll be doing more over the weekend. I do love the ambient stuff a lot, thanks for listening.

As for jury duty, it was mostly waiting for a case to need a jury, the longest I had to sit and wait was about five hours but having my laptop with me helped make good use of the time. I was only called three time and two were settled and one I was not one of the six who were needed so no actual duty for me.

ralphb wrote:
As for price, it's not 100% set in stone, but the introductory price will probably be €39,
:shock: :shock: just pinched my self..not dreaming! Nice!

Big Tick wrote:- it doesn't return the correct preset name when calling getProgramName (it always returns "Default").
- it doesn't call updateDisplay() when switching presets.
I wasn't aware of this policy. Thanks for making it easy to implement, it will be included in the next release (hopefully later today).
Big Tick wrote:- it crashed on me after browsing through some presets.
I could not reproduce this. I am opening a reproducible crash bug bounty hunt after the beta 9 release, with a pretty good reward :-)

I use AUs usually, but I'll give this a run in Ohmstudio and inside my Maschine (in Logic), also Live 7 (if it's compatible with that), and test it out a bit for you. :)

First impressions after testing in Maschine (which seems to be working ok so far) - really good job of making an intuitive and easy to learn interface for a powerful modular. Love the flexibility and easy clear routing. Sounds great too. At the price you're thinking around, I'd buy it for sure if you made an AU. Really think this synth has loads of sound shaping potential.

Some kind of personalisation or options with colours would be cool.

Will report if I find any bugs.

woh! just made m another sound but when I click the filter it crashes FL 10. :(
Also, I'm having a bad time getting rid of pop/click with the adsr in the env. section but that may be just me not doing something correctly. I'll also post some jpg's of some error/crashes I've gotten, some time to day. Got go now, damn responsibilities arggh! :D

Oh yeah, this thing can get LOUD if your not care full, if using head phones, turn them down! :)

Quiver sounds really good thank you. I like the presets.
I am able to get a consistent crash (divide by zero error). All I have to do is go the presets pane, select the preset 'fragile pad', go the effects pane, click on each effect in series one at a time and then switch to the voice pane. The disassembly of the exact crash location below:

5AF21CAF cmp ebx,dword ptr [ebp]
5AF21CB2 mov ecx,ebx
5AF21CB4 jge 5AF21CDE
5AF21CB6 xor esi,esi
5AF21CB8 mov eax,dword ptr [edi+4]
5AF21CBB lea ebx,[eax+ecx*4]
5AF21CBE mov eax,esi
5AF21CC0 cdq
Here -->
5AF21CC1 idiv eax,dword ptr [esp+1Ch]
5AF21CC5 neg edx
5AF21CC7 sbb edx,edx

In the debugger if I change the value at [esp+1ch] from 0 to 1 and continue, it will continue to the voice page.
Last edited by SaganTech on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abstractcats wrote:woh! just made m another sound but when I click the filter it crashes FL 10. :(
That does not sound good at all. I think it's time did a serious round of testing with FL. Tomorrow! Fortunately I have a setup quite similar to yours.

Meanwhile, beta 9 will probably also be delayed until tomorrow. Which is a shame, cause' it's good :-)

Very impressed so far.

Bug report using Win7 and Reaper 3.7
When I saved a preset I made I them]n couldn't open the Voice tab but others worked fine. I closed Reaper down and re opened it and when I loaded the preset I made the same thing happened...no Voice tab available. Loaded a factory preset
and it worked with that.

ejr wrote:Very impressed so far.

Bug report using Win7 and Reaper 3.7
When I saved a preset I made I them]n couldn't open the Voice tab but others worked fine. I closed Reaper down and re opened it and when I loaded the preset I made the same thing happened...no Voice tab available. Loaded a factory preset
and it worked with that.
Could you send the .qvr preset file in question to ralph@straightarrow.dk? In windows it should be at <vst-install-path>\Quiver.data\Presets\Your Presets\<name-of-preset>.qvr, or something along those lines :-)

Thanks for the encouragement and the bug report!

SaganTech wrote:Quiver sounds really good thank you. I like the presets.
I am able to get a consistent crash (divide by zero error)...
Thank you for the detailed report. What OS and host are you using? I will try to reproduce this tomorrow.

ralphb wrote:Thank you for the detailed report. What OS and host are you using? I will try to reproduce this tomorrow.
You are welcome.

I am running Metro under windows Vista SP2 on a laptop. I can try it on several other platforms if you want (after you try to repro it).

Return to “Instruments”