VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quiver

Quiver beta 9 has been released:

http://straightarrow/quiver/download/

Changelog:
  • Punqtured overhauled the factory preset bank, and added 11 new presets for a total of 57. Thank you!
  • Changed phase offset for generated waveforms in wavetable oscillator. This creates more 'natural' waveforms, which will hopefully improve the sound, especially in the bass range. It may change the sound of some presets slightly, in particular those that use distortion on a wavetable oscillator.
  • Fixed bug in visual feedback drawing.
  • Improved voice stealing algorithm, and fixed potential crash when playing many simoultaneous voices.
  • Fixed temp file problem on windows (Reported by s_t@kvraudio).
  • Reordered context menus for spectrum operators and module insertion (Suggested by davidka@kvraudio).
  • Minor GUI fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed GUI sluggishness of wavetable oscillator module (First reported by Bronto Scorpio@kvraudio).
  • Correctly report preset name to host (Suggested by Big Tick@kvraudio).
  • Added version information to logo (after many, MANY requests from Punqtured :-))
Now I'll take a look at those crashes.

You've missed out the ".dk" in your link above for the new beta. Posted below.

http://straightarrow.dk/quiver/download

Dunc 8)

Voice page bug I reported appears to be fixed in beta 9.

Use the white download box if the orange one doesn't appear to work, which threw me for a couple of minutes.

I just put up beta 10, which fixes a memory corruption issue. Quiver should be MUCH more stable now. Also, an issue with filter clicks in some hosts is fixed.

http://straightarrow.dk/quiver/download/

@ ralphb. 1. remove that orange download link on your download page!
2. rename the latest links correctly on your site, so we know were
we are.

Try it tomorrow, had the headache for two days and not feeling up to much.

bob bobwood wrote:1. remove that orange download link on your download page!
Ah, I can see how that could be confusing! Thanks :-)
bob bobwood wrote:2. rename the latest links correctly on your site, so we know were we are.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

It is me (once again). Not feeling alright at the moment.
but it's only paracetemol.

Where it states the size of the download (win version) 0.9 I thought it was the version number and thought I downloaded that yesterday. And so I needed to check it and hovered over it, it shows....beta10.

My mistake, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

bob bobwood wrote:Not feeling alright at the moment.
Sorry, hope you get better soon. And no worries, thanks for caring!

I was playing with quiver and fiddling around with the sounds... It occurred to me that the envelopes would greatly benefit having longer response time than currently available. For example: I was trying to make a sound with a slow filter sweep controlled by the decay envelope. However the max time 1 sec is too fast for what I was after. Also some long evolving pads & fx would benefit having longer envelopes.
Keep up good work!
Cheers

EDIT: And here is a bug in beta10: WOSC / "remove random above" operator doesn't save it's settings with preset. I didn't test other operators, so not sure if this is the only one.
Sorry, if this already reported..

s_t wrote:I was playing with quiver and fiddling around with the sounds... It occurred to me that the envelopes would greatly benefit having longer response time than currently available.
Hmm, yes. How about adding a switch to the envelope with short/medium/long time options, which would make attack, decay and release longer by maybe 1x, 4x and 10x?
s_t wrote:EDIT: And here is a bug in beta10: WOSC / "remove random above" operator doesn't save it's settings with preset. I didn't test other operators, so not sure if this is the only one.
Woah, that's interesting. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

ralphb wrote: Hmm, yes. How about adding a switch to the envelope with short/medium/long time options, which would make attack, decay and release longer by maybe 1x, 4x and 10x?
Yes, IMO that would be perfect.
Cheers

s_t wrote:And here is a bug in beta10: WOSC / "remove random above" operator doesn't save it's settings with preset. I didn't test other operators, so not sure if this is the only one.
For the life of me I cannot get Quiver to do this. I'm not doubting what you're saying, it probably just means it's an intermittent bug, or I'm missing a step. Can you consistently reproduce this? Could you write out a list of steps?

ralphb wrote:
s_t wrote:And here is a bug in beta10: WOSC / "remove random above" operator doesn't save it's settings with preset. I didn't test other operators, so not sure if this is the only one.
For the life of me I cannot get Quiver to do this. I'm not doubting what you're saying, it probably just means it's an intermittent bug, or I'm missing a step. Can you consistently reproduce this? Could you write out a list of steps?
No problem. May I send you an email with a video file? It takes about 0.5Mb of space.
cheers

s_t wrote:No problem. May I send you an email with a video file? It takes about 0.5Mb of space.
cheers
Please do! ralph@straightarrow.dk

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”