Corona synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Corona

I have a question about the new glide mode.

I notice in the video that the glide doesn't occur from one note to another but rather within a single note. That is, when you change a note to glide, it retriggers the same note as previously (or so it appears) and then glides. Is there a way to not retrigger the same arp note again but rather glide from one note to the next (like what a convention 'tie' would do in an arp)?

I'll have to try it out, looking forward to it.

I'm also very interested in the 'combine feature of the oscs. I never noticed this before. This looks like it gives phase distorition and FM functionality between osc pairs, is that right?

cheers

Just demo'd it. Can't automate a single parameter. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have to enable them somehow?

EDIT: Found the manual and I see that parameters are not available for automation. Not the best restriction since to many people, it's important to see what parameters are available for automation.

Are there also no presets with the demo? There don't seem to be any. That's not a great way to show off a synth for potential buyers...

@Echoes Corona has several banks and presets included.

Are you using the LCD browser or just your host?

You can download or buy more banks at http://www.discodsp.com/banks/

Hey Georoge, I'm using the built-in browser. It's all empty. I purchased it anyways, as I got a good deal from ttoz, but I'll follow up by pm to see where the presets are supposed to be.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:it's important to see what parameters are available for automation.
Here it is the full automation list.

http://www.discodsp.com/img/corona_automation.png

It seems it must something related to my system with regards to the presets not showing up. I think some installers don' t like to write data to my home folder. Had this problem with Sugar Bytes Turnado as well.

I've got an internal SSD as well as the old HD in my macbook pro, and my home folder is on the HDD, not the SSD (which is my boot drive and has my system files and apps). I've set permissions to read/write for everyone but it seems that some installers don't find it.

The installer should be fixed now. Please download it from our Members Area.

Now that's customer service! :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Now that's customer service! :)
+1. I think Corona is the best supported product I own.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I have a question about the new glide mode.

I notice in the video that the glide doesn't occur from one note to another but rather within a single note. That is, when you change a note to glide, it retriggers the same note as previously (or so it appears) and then glides. Is there a way to not retrigger the same arp note again but rather glide from one note to the next (like what a convention 'tie' would do in an arp)?

I'll have to try it out, looking forward to it.

I'm also very interested in the 'combine feature of the oscs. I never noticed this before. This looks like it gives phase distorition and FM functionality between osc pairs, is that right?

cheers
Apparently Legato2 mode might be what I'm looking for. Will test when I get home.

Another question:
-It seems from testing that the 2 filters are in serial, is there a way to change routing at all and make them parallel. I checked the manual and it doesn't discuss filter routing. I do love the MS-20 screamy type vibe you can get from the serial filters though.

cheers!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:-It seems from testing that the 2 filters are in serial, is there a way to change routing at all and make them parallel. I checked the manual and it doesn't discuss filter routing. I do love the MS-20 screamy type vibe you can get from the serial filters though.
They are serial only at the moment.
-What does the combine function do for Osc 3? It seems apparent that combine will cross modulate Oscs 1 and 2 together, but what's combine doing for Osc3? I also couldn't find this out in the manual...
OSC1 and 2 are threaten as a single element for OSC 3 once it's combined.

Now that I've got a handle on the arp I t hink it's very useful. It's a bit different in terms of glide but actually more versatile than the usual tie switch. If you have a glide note right after a non-glide note , then it glides from the previous to the glide note (when in legato2 mode). If there is no previous note adjacent, then it triggers the note and glides within the same note. So I think it's quite versatile.

Loving Corona, can't wait for it to be able to save in Ableton 64bit so I can use it!

george wrote:Thanks :) We're working hard to fix that quirk.
Cheers. If your past bugfixes/updates are anything to go by, I'm sure it'll be fixed in no time. :)

george wrote:Thanks for pointing up the glitch, it's fixed now.
Thanks for fixing, downloaded fine now. 8)

(Although im still not sure if its really the right synth since the installer says 1.2 but the UI says 1.1?)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that i did quite like it, but unfortunately had some serious problems with sporadic clicks. For example, i INITed the synth and dialed in this nice disco bass here. I think the bass itself sounds fantastic, (really, i do, great juicy low end without any FX or EQ), but due to the clicks it would be pretty much unusable in a song. (Demo doesnt save so i can only post a screenshot of the UI in case youd like to verify/repro.) Think this can be improved yet or is this synth pretty much 'done' at this point?

Return to “Instruments”