Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

DrewDale wrote:My latest try out :)
That looks really a whole lot better than the original, which has never appealed to me and thus made me shun the synth as a whole. One suggestion, can you differentiate the velocity sliders of the envelopes from the ADSR sliders visually?

And it would look even better if the selected LED's were red :) Like this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... _SS36_.jpg
Or put a kind of reddish filter over all led's if you can't replace them.

I don't know how to change the colours of the sliders / knobs / switches as yet, when I did try a recolour it looked blurred :?

In the mean time, here is an SH101 kind of flavour ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

SPLENDID !!!
:love:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
SPLENDID !!!
:love:
:tu: Thank you. I am now in the habit of looking at vintage synth explorer for more ideas :hihi:

I have never found the MIDI learn in Charlatan.

It has not been implemented?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:I have never found the MIDI learn in Charlatan.
I thought I read about it somewhere in this thread.

DrewDale wrote:
Thanks. I'm gonna check it by the search feature at the top of the page.

I edited one of DrewDale's images......... :)

EDIT: A few tweaks............. :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

:love: Woah, thats sexy :D

Link removed. PM me for the skin file
Last edited by DrewDale on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlackWinny wrote:
DrewDale wrote:
Thanks. I'm gonna check it by the search feature at the top of the page.
Exact. I've checked the old posts, and they confirm that there is no implementation of MIDI learn in Charlatan. The developer says that it should be a role of the host, and I don't share at all that opinion. The MIDI learn is the affectation of a parameter to a variable related to the synth itself, not to something of the host. When we reason "object class" for example, it appears immediately obvious that the host has nothing to do with the MIDI learn. It leads to several absurdities, like a dependence to the host, different behaviors of the synth when you toggle among your hosts, the necessity to make again the MIDI learn for each host when you use several (I use daily four different hosts and I'm not a special case, and with simply three different hosts it would be already a nightmare to make again and again and again the MIDI learn of each knob of each synth for each host while you could do it only once, that's why all the developers have understood that the MIDI learn must be a feature of the synth itself since it is not at all related to the host but actually to the synth itself), and so on...

But your skins are really wonderful, Drew!
:tu:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shame about MIDI Learn really, glad you like the skins. Here is a slight update to the Sequencial one, with the vel sliders a different colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DrewDale wrote:Shame about MIDI Learn really, glad you like the skins. Here is a slight update to the Sequencial one, with the vel sliders a different colour.
Hmmm... I suggest you to make a try with the same colors (blue and brown) for the silders tracks, but much more pale. I'm sure they would be much more readable... You could try? Just the tracks of the sliders.

BlackWinny wrote:
DrewDale wrote:Shame about MIDI Learn really, glad you like the skins. Here is a slight update to the Sequencial one, with the vel sliders a different colour.
Hmmm... I suggest you to make a try with the same colors (blue and brown) for the silders tracks, but much more pale. I'm sure they would be much more readable... You could try? Just the tracks of the sliders.
#6699AA for example for the blue tracks...

Teksonik wrote:I edited one of DrewDale's images......... :)

EDIT: A few tweaks............. :)
NICE!!!!! :clap:

Return to “Instruments”