Alternative Investments (ElectroProg - Seismic Trancefusion)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This took about 17 hours to record in August 2009. I had no plan or road map for this track. It just evolved into what it became. During the August 2011 edit/remix/master (6 hours), I added a new melody line and revised the 4 drum tracks.

EDIT:20221231 mp3 link removed

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/alter ... nvestments

EDIT: 20110824 - reduced volume of claps and added a little reverb - mastered

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.1/Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4
SynthMaster Free
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Genesis CM1.02
AMB Electra Bass Rack CM
CM SR-202
RedTron
EnergyXT Reverb
EnergyXT Delay
T-RackS 3 Equalizer

DR - 8

EDIT:20240309 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyt_CbgzGMg
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nicely arranged... it seems structured like a song, as in ready for a vocal. Almost a Simple Minds feel in the more dramatic parts. I love the arp over those flutey pads. What synth is doing the arp btw? I thought you could tone down the clap a bit and perhaps wet it with a little reverb. Lovely track! :)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Nicely arranged... it seems structured like a song, as in ready for a vocal. Almost a Simple Minds feel in the more dramatic parts. I love the arp over those flutey pads. What synth is doing the arp btw? I thought you could tone down the clap a bit and perhaps wet it with a little reverb. Lovely track! :)
I second that! And I'd like to know what you're using for drums? :^\

Nice one Tim!

i just love those big synths! absolutely fantastic :)

neil.

polyslax wrote:Nicely arranged... it seems structured like a song, as in ready for a vocal. Almost a Simple Minds feel in the more dramatic parts. I love the arp over those flutey pads. What synth is doing the arp btw? I thought you could tone down the clap a bit and perhaps wet it with a little reverb. Lovely track! :)
I have reduced the volume of the claps by approx 15% (linear) and added a touch of reverb. I'll put the updated version on Soundcloud later tonight. Probably around 10:00PM GMT.

I'm not sure which arp you are referring to. Do you mean the mid-freq arp that is present throughout most of the track, starting after approximately 1 minute in? (I'm at work atm, so the timings are a guess). That is ambient_bass_rack. That was a freebie with Computer Music. The higher frequency arp-like instrument that appears less frequently and is present over the RedTron flute is SynthMaster Free, which I have now replaced with SynthMaster V2.

Thanks for listening, Matt. Glad you liked it.

Good stuff, I particularly love those high-drama sections when everything shifts up a gear and the whole track kind of 'swells'. Nicely arranged and mixed.

polyslax wrote:I thought you could tone down the clap a bit and perhaps wet it with a little reverb. Lovely track! :)
Soundcloud link updated with clap volume reduced by linear 15-20% and added reverb.

any1particular wrote:
I second that! And I'd like to know what you're using for drums? :^\

Nice one Tim!
Hey Chuck. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Those drums are made up of 4 kit instances from EnergyXT with various parts muted. On their own I don't feel that these kits are particularly interesting, but when you start mixing them up a little, add some eq and master on the hot side of comfortable, they can come to life.

There is a download available somewhere called "I Hope You Like Drum Machines". This adds considerably to the range of possibilities, but this doesn't feature on my earlier tracks.

Cheers

macmurphy wrote:i just love those big synths! absolutely fantastic :)

neil.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked this.

mikusan wrote:Good stuff, I particularly love those high-drama sections when everything shifts up a gear and the whole track kind of 'swells'. Nicely arranged and mixed.
Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it. The gearshift was achieved mainly by a combination of the Synthmaster arp and doubling the hi-hat hit rate.

Cheers

Page 2 exit bump

Return to “Music Cafe”