What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Freeware VST video player

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Aukikco
KVRist

156 posts since 13 Aug, 2005

Postby Aukikco; Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 pm Freeware VST video player

To open a video in a DAW, to be able to compose music synchronized to video. Any available?
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF

2459 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm

There is one called Jeskolabuzz MediaVST.
I found it in the Renoise forum.
Google it.
I hope it works.

Have a good day and good luck :)
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7131 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 pm

The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
darsho
KVRAF

1517 posts since 14 Sep, 2007, from www.koeln.de/en/

Postby darsho; Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 pm

some DAWs also support playing Videofiles.
I know Reaper does.
Dusk to Dawn (Synth-Pop) : http://www.dusktodawn.de
M & D (Breakbeat Fusion) : https://www.facebook.com/pages/M-D/437324219699797
Darshonaut (Meine Solo-Sachen & Gear-Review)s : http://darshonaut.blogspot.com
Aukikco
KVRist

156 posts since 13 Aug, 2005

Postby Aukikco; Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 am

Tried VideoVST and MediaVST. Got neither to work. Using FLStudio. I know there's the option of registering FL video player, but would like to live without that.

Any other suggestions?
dhtx
KVRer

4 posts since 10 Nov, 2011

Postby dhtx; Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:54 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Aukikco wrote:Tried VideoVST and MediaVST. Got neither to work. Using FLStudio. I know there's the option of registering FL video player, but would like to live without that.

Any other suggestions?

I had this problem as well. I got some mixed but mostly good results with this plugin: http://www.groc.org/movieplayer/ (http://www.groc.org/movieplayer/) but the transport does some odd things sometimes. Eventually I got frustrated and bought Image-Line's Fruity Video Player, which is actually pretty solid.

Reaper does handle video in theory, but as soon as you pause playback or try to move the cursor strange things happen. I do love Reaper 4 but that feature has a loooong way to go before it's truly usable.
dhtx
KVRer

Postby dhtx; Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm

This is a little off-topic, but I just tried MediaVST in Reaper and it works like a charm. Way, way better than the built-in video handling. You do have to copy SDL.dll to your windows/system directory before running it (as specified in the readme file).
Mutant
KVRAF

2113 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 pm

+1 to everything already said.

+

It is always best to convert the video to have "keyframes" on EVERY frame, so the player doesn't have to calculate the current frame from a keyframe from 10 seconds ago.

It improves performance a lot when looping, seeking etc.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
dhtx
KVRer

Postby dhtx; Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Mutant wrote:+1 to everything already said.

+

It is always best to convert the video to have "keyframes" on EVERY frame, so the player doesn't have to calculate the current frame from a keyframe from 10 seconds ago.

It improves performance a lot when looping, seeking etc.

Cool. Do you convert everything to DV to get a keyframe on every frame?
Shy
KVRAF

4944 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Postby Shy; Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:25 pm

dhtx wrote:Do you convert everything to DV to get a keyframe on every frame?

That, MJPEG, or Lagarith are good for that. I wouldn't convert to either DV or MJPEG if I intend to encode to an end format (H.264, VC-1, etc.) later from the converted video (like if it's edited, cut, etc.), I'd use Lagarith which is lossless. If you don't edit the video, then it doesn't matter since you can just encode from the source file.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi
dhtx
KVRer

Postby dhtx; Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Shy wrote:I wouldn't convert to either DV or MJPEG if I intend to encode to an end format (H.264, VC-1, etc.) later from the converted video (like if it's edited, cut, etc.), I'd use Lagarith which is lossless. If you don't edit the video, then it doesn't matter since you can just encode from the source file.

Thank you! This helps me a lot.
adskills
KVRer

1 post since 21 Oct, 2012, from Russia

Postby adskills; Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am

why both plugins: mediaVST, and videoVST, crashed in DAW listed below, and also made host program not responsive too.
i try in
FL Studio
LMMS
psycle
chudimus prime
KVRer

2 posts since 24 Feb, 2013

Postby chudimus prime; Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:34 pm

adskills wrote:why both plugins: mediaVST, and videoVST, crashed in DAW listed below, and also made host program not responsive too.
i try in
FL Studio
LMMS
psycle

i had the same problem. when i read up on the plug ins i discovered they were designed for older versions of windows. so when i tried to run them on windows 7 home premium they crashed fl studio for me as well, or didnt load at all. im not a computer guru so i could be wrong about this. i also have a movie to score on a budget of $0.00. so if i dont find a solution im going to be scoring it 20 seconds at a time with the demo of fruity video player, or running vid in a seperate program.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
Eauson
KVRist

152 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 pm

bailees7irish
KVRAF

2552 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

It works like a charm, but it puts a total of 38 dlls in my VST folder, so they all show up in my VST list :?
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects