Mithridatism Blues

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recycling again.
Mithridatism Blues
2:57 / 3.5MB (ogg) or 4MB (mp3)
ogg . . . . . . mp3

Parts of this might make okay material to feed to something to make other sounds, so should anyone wish to do that (or anything else) with it, here's a link to the wav file:
http://kiwi6.com/file/qiyh1ywq20
(and because kiwi6 is acting sort of tetchy here's another one).

Used: MU.LAB, Audacity, AmpliTube 3 Free (though with the not-free Fender '57 Deluxe amp), HGS Phase Shifter, Eos, Predatohm, Roundtone, Telecaster (eight bars of it), keyboard to play the Phase Shifter, Zoom H2, rain-on-coffeecan sample, some sort of noise sample, scotch tape to hold down middle C.
No longer a moderator.

I found that quite disturbing, and I can't really put my finger on why.

It's almost like the guitarts were talking over each other and not listening, but also that rattling sound was like a simmering rage.

Or it could just be my frame of mind!

Creative stuff nevertheless!

I just listened to this twice and can't figure it out. I need to listen again tomorrow at a decent volume on the speakers. I know I like it but I'm not sure why! Definitely squirrelly

sweet. a bit of chaos, but still a bit familiar.

Thanks, gentlemen.
No longer a moderator.

Terrific bit of soundscaping... very much enjoyed this! 8)
Image Image

fascinating and very enjoyable stuff :tu:

neil.

I like so much the experimental attitude that makes it sound like an avantgarde blues thing. Very nice indeed

Cheers

It's definitely better loud. I've listened to it 5 times now, but it still feels odd. In a nice way. Better not to OD on this I think!

Thanks for listening, everyone (and listening and listening and listening and listening, seismic1).
No longer a moderator.

mysterious sound like lots of clocks clicking in the background, with guitars trying to find the time, which is kind of relative, drawing of the line...interesting

I think you might have been mistaken to use scotch tape to hold down middle c. We all know the inferior sonic qualities that inhere in scotch, especially when it comes to middle c. I'd recommend duct.

There's a serendipity that accompanies mixing unrelated sounds, independently slowing down and speeding up the elements of the mix. You've come upon some interesting sounds here; I'm gonna have to try out the shifter and tape method.

Thanks to you both. Genetic_Junk, I'll take the duct tape suggestion under advisement.
No longer a moderator.

Yeah unless you are going for transparency, you want that thick gooey residue that comes with duct.

Cool! interesting, somehow weird composition and arrangement.. sounds nice

Return to “Music Cafe”