One-Synth-Challenge 34: Sonigen - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sonigen Modular

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Create a track using only Sonigen Modular for all sounds, including percussion.

The song MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Upload to SoundCloud only.

Songs must be submitted before 1st December (KVR time)

PRIZES:
Sonigen: 1 license for Sonigen Modular (on official release)Image

Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full

GSI : Free choice of one plugin
[url=hhttp://www.genuinesoundware.com]Image[/url]

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Frantic Records : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Luftrum5 - a ReFill for Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wow, that synth looks really interesting!
I better start a little sooner this month :)

Good synth choice. :)
Last edited by z.prime on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Here we go again... :D

I know I said to avoid betas etc, but with calls to use this and a quite advanced and stable beta, let's do it anyway.. :)

As we saw, even a solid release like Z3ta caused issues, and Sonigen is very light on CPU and doesn't have the multicore bug as with some SynthEdit synths etc. The developer Chris will be sure to fix any major things.

Anyway, a nice change to have a proper modular synth on methinks, should be fun.

Thanks to Chris at Sonigen for a great sounding synth and updating the beta with automation in time for competition start. :tu:

Are you all prepared for a modular contest? Ha-ha!!
I think it will be a nice chance to learn about modulation, routes, etc.

This synth sounds powerful, gritty, and warm in some cases. And also friendly with CPU.
I can't wait to listen all your tracks with this synth.

And be aware, it's a beta yet, if you find bugs, problems, write down here please, i think they will be helpful for the developer, he is watching us i can guess. ;)

Have fun and have a good day :)

Yesss! :wheee:

Good luck everyone! Cant wait to hear what you all do with it!

And any bugs or issues let me know at the forum or via email, I'll do my best to get them resolved quickly.

Cheers,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

This will be a very cool month... I'm really excited about that vsti!
I didn't know it yet, but modular-synths are so flexible, that I'm really looking forward to see, what you guys will squeeze out of this one (espacially if I'm looking at what could be done with a smaller vsti, like charlatan was!)

cya

Just installed it, skipped through the presets of this beast and it sounds great :D
Than I tried to make my own presets and as to be honest its not that easy, at least for me, (couldn't get the LFO trigger the volume of an osc or the filter) but I guess its worth the practice.. I like the wave import function and will test that later.

First I thought you would come up with plex2, so sonigen modaler was kind of suprise :)

Handeled it and built my first patches, nice device :D

Gonna be a big learning curve this one, but hey that's what I joined this group for. Sonigen looks to have huge sonic potential, so much so its hard to know where to start, good job we've got a month.

Aj

Any of you Ableton guys managed to map Sonigen's parameters to the Device parameters? When I open up the Device parameters and go into Configure mode I tried to map the Filter cut off to a parameter so I could draw some modulation curves but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Aj

andjac1963 wrote: Any thoughts?
I'm guessing here but what you could be experiencing is that parameters arnt automatically mapped to anything in Sonigen Modular. It reports 12 automatable parameters and it's up to you to select what they modulate in SM. You have to open the signal menu, (right click on a module) pick the target from the first menu, then go to the controllers sub menu, and pick AutoParam. If you click on the little automation icon on the resulting panel, you can select which of the 12 parameters it sources from.

It's a bit more effort than I would like it to be but it's limited because VST2.4 doesn't supporting dynamic parameter lists.

HTH
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Instruments”