Brainworx Vertigo VSC-2 is released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lol, I can't quite tell now if that's sarcasm
, Not at all man. It was just something that slipped my mind. I think i was just so shocked that i missed that one......

what is causing you to think you have to pay twice? Do you have a license that is only accepted by either the 32 or 64 bit version of the plugin?
No 1)I own Elysia MuseQ and Maag Eq and only have one entry in my control panel for both plugins. I am using both of them as 32 AND 64 bit plugins. That means i used 1 installer which installed both the 32 and 64 bit version of those plugins.

In this case, seeing separate installers made me think i would have to do two separate installations - which unless the true install is any different from the demo, a person WOULD have to do 2 installs for vsc-2. Unlike Maag4 and MuseQ.

If you couple that with 2)my vague memory, of an instance, where a developer was selling 32 and 64 bit versions as separate products, and then sprinkle in a tiny bit of distrust for PA as a company, there you'll find the reason why, at first glance, i felt like a shaft was on the horizon. :)
There ya have it...

lol, cool :) I didn't think it was sarcasm but it could be read either way. In any case I just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming off dismissive.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Thread ressurrection!

This is on sale in a bundle with the Millenia TCL comp this weekend. Because I already own the TCL, PA are offering the VSC-2 for $50.

No brainer?

No brainier for sure

Should I get this for ~$30 in the current one day sale? If so, why?

(I always wanted it, but now I'm not that sure. I even demoed it again today...)

Do you have other plugins based on the SSL Bus EQ? Do you use them? Would you like a slightly different flavour of that?

I have it and it's nice but The Glue has useful GR and sidechain options. VSC-2 has more ratios.

As a SSL clone I think I only own the NI Solid Bus Comp and I didn't actually use it yet. But I also own Pro-C 2 (has a Bus algo), Kotelnikov GE, Supercharger GT, Omnipressor plus a bunch of other PA ones. I tried The Glue for 3 times by now and somehow I never liked it.

Yet I like how easy to use the VSC-2 is and I also think it sounds pretty darn good, with ridiculously low CPU usage.

:?

I suggest you shoot it out against the Solid Bus Comp on some of your tracks? I like that one too. Kotelnikov GE is one of my faves but I tend to use it for more transparent compression. Wouldn't be surprised if VSC-2 sits between them.

Well, that's a good suggestion, I didn't think about that. Where do you think it shines the most, whole tune, bus or individual tracks? (For individual tracks I must admit that I prefer a transient shaper.)

I think it's meant for the master bus. I usually want something dirtier on the drum bus... Could be good on vocal groups too?

I don't use vocals and I think I got the 'dirty' side covered (I remembered that I also own the Soundtoys). Will try it against the NI one tomorrow; hopefully before the sale ends.

Thanx a lot for the input mate!

Has anyone shot out VSC-2 against VSC-3?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Ten years ago its real price was 10 fold...
Wow!

Well its $29.99 this weekend. And it would be nice to know if its as good as VSC-3.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

You should ask the Gearsl*tz boys with their addiction to golden plugin cables and plugin doctor diagrams. They know the answer...

Return to “Effects”