Ocenaudio free audio editor

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BertKoor wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am I was asking myself lately: is there anything like the old CoolEditPro available on mac, preferrably free?
Think I know the answer now :tu:
Yeah it does a lot of the same things, but the frequency analysis window isn't as powerful, showing multiple spectra side by side, for instance.

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 am Yep, that is the one. If I scan the files manually with Malware Fighter Pro, no malware is detected. Malware is only detected when I try to run the ocenaudio.exe file, so it must be the real-time scanner that is detecting the false positives.
Which also does a big disservice to smaller developers that are barely struggling to get by, when people start preemptively broadcasting warnings that their software contains viruses.

I think most of us are past the virus paranoia, but there are still a few overprotective heroes out there trying to inform everyone. I have to wonder about some of their motives in certain situations.

As if their virus scanning software can be trusted 100% enough to broadcast it to the entire audio community, you better be sure first the next time, eh?
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

fuzzlightyear wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:21 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 am Yep, that is the one. If I scan the files manually with Malware Fighter Pro, no malware is detected. Malware is only detected when I try to run the ocenaudio.exe file, so it must be the real-time scanner that is detecting the false positives.
Which also does a big disservice to smaller developers that are barely struggling to get by, when people start preemptively broadcasting warnings that their software contains viruses.

I think most of us are past the virus paranoia, but there are still a few overprotective heroes out there trying to inform everyone. I have to wonder about some of their motives in certain situations.

As if their virus scanning software can be trusted 100% enough to broadcast it to the entire audio community, you better be sure first the next time, eh?
I see you have singled out my post from over three years ago. Well, you have got my attention now... speak your mind, please.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:03 pm
fuzzlightyear wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:21 pm

I see you have singled out my post from over three years ago. Well, you have got my attention now... speak your mind, please.
This issue needs to be addressed, as there are some people out there doing the same thing. Which obviously hasn't been addressed for three years according to you.

So how do you feel about this topic now? Obviously, not one for many words anymore, but I'm sure you can come up with something better then that?
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

fuzzlightyear wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:34 pm This issue needs to be addressed, as there are some people out there doing the same thing. Which obviously hasn't been addressed for three years according to you.
What is this issue you feel needs to be addressed, and how am I party to this issue?

fuzzlightyear wrote:So how do you feel about this topic now? Obviously, not one for many words anymore, but I'm sure you can come up with something better then that?
The topic is "Ocenaudio free audio editor". I feel it is a very capable, free, cross-platform audio editor. I use the 64-bit portable version of it quite often. I did notice that the latest update (v3.7.18) is acting wonky with WASAPI (the audio won't play back).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I'm a happy user of Ocenaudio. Today I tried something unusual and didn't succeed:

I would like to record microphone input and immediately send the microphone signal to the output, so I can hear it in a headphone while the recording is running. I couldn't find any setting to achieve this.

Any idea anyone?

BertKoor wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am I was asking myself lately: is there anything like the old CoolEditPro available on mac, preferrably free?
Think I know the answer now :tu:
Yeah, I've used it for several years now, mainly to do quick edits/chopping-up field recordings. It handles large (like 2Gb+ files) easily, unlike Soundforge 10-11, which crashes instantly and had been my main editor for decades, though I used CoolEditPro for anything more than mono or stereo, as well.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”