A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Mathias,
many thanks for all the updates. AT gets better and better. :clap:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

This is very interesting:
Image Line wrote:Harmor now supports Komplexer WT wavetables & 'Map audio regions to keys' for sampler like functionality and auto-dump to score for Slicex like drum handling.

But then I read:
One thing I had to disable: The speed storage for WT files - with speed data included the WT import of IL Harmor doesn't work. May be IL changes this one day, allowing some extra bytes to the harmonic data (to be honest, I don't think they'll do it). Further it would be great if they'd implement support for the polarity of the WT file data, too. At the moment, WT files are only supported as images (what means that phase information gets lost) and the results are... :?.
So what you are saying is that Image Line words needs to be taken with a pinch of salt? A bit like when they say that DirectWave is able to read Kontakt NKI patches (which is like a 50/50 shot at best)

How well does Harmor work with Komplexer WT wavetables, anybody have tried and can report?

Numanoid wrote:
How well does Harmor work with Komplexer WT wavetables, anybody have tried and can report?
I have both Komplexer and Harmor and can report that the wavetable import works just fine. The only nag I have about it is that only way to get wavetables to Harmor you have to use drag and drop. There's no "import" menu or anything like that. Even in the Open dialog you can not choose Komplexer wt files.
No signature here!

Numanoid wrote:This is very interesting:
Image Line wrote:Harmor now supports Komplexer WT wavetables & 'Map audio regions to keys' for sampler like functionality and auto-dump to score for Slicex like drum handling.

But then I read:
One thing I had to disable: The speed storage for WT files - with speed data included the WT import of IL Harmor doesn't work. May be IL changes this one day, allowing some extra bytes to the harmonic data (to be honest, I don't think they'll do it). Further it would be great if they'd implement support for the polarity of the WT file data, too. At the moment, WT files are only supported as images (what means that phase information gets lost) and the results are... :?.
So what you are saying is that Image Line words needs to be taken with a pinch of salt? A bit like when they say that DirectWave is able to read Kontakt NKI patches (which is like a 50/50 shot at best)

Harmor imports Komplexer WTs as images. This process only considers the magnitudes of the spectrum but ignores the polarity of the harmonics. Listen to both short sequences in the following file to hear the difference:

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/2orqktq4qtq72p9 ... luence.mp3

The "speed" parameter was not part of the Terratec WT specification, but added by me. It was used for adapting the scanning speed in the editor to the duration of the analyzed sample to get a better representation of the content. A short spoken word resulted in a fast scanning speed, a long filter sweep in a low scanning speed.

Komplexer has no problems with these additional data, but Harmor is very (may be too) exact and cannot load such extended files at all. So I had to remove the speed parameter and one has to adjust the scanning speed manually after loading from disk.

The answer to your question is: Harmor can now read the (fistful of) official Wavetables + all Wavetables made with Audio-Term. But if the file includes negative harmonic values, sound quality drops audible.

Thank you for the new 1.75 version, blacktomcat! :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm already working on 1.76. :) I managed to get direct access to the buggy and incomplete graphics library, so everything will run a bit faster in future (especially the text output, which is very slow on some graphics cards). But I think it will take some days to get a first version with the improved graphics routines.

Update doesn't work ("connection failed" messages since v1.61 though my connection should be basically the same) and the last link I found in this thread only gives me v1.69.. :( What can I do to get the latest version?

That's weird... may be the older versions point to the old hoster, which has had many down times the last months.

Here's the new direct link, which always points to the newest version: http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7 ... Term.zip?m

Got v1.75 now, thanks. 8) ..still "connection failed" if I try the update button,probably my connection that's gone just too unstable... ..always been dubious, I'll get a connection from another company and I bet that'll do the the trick...

I tried the update function from (at least) 6 different computers and under Win XP/Vista/7 32 and 64 bit from different places here in Germany and it always worked.... strange. Eventually it's blocked in your firewall? If the problem persists you can go to the UTILITY page and turn update notification off. You can look for updates manually using the link above, although it's not as comfortable. In most cases there's one update a week available.

No blocking in my firewall and no changes made to the settings that used to work. After I started getting the "connection failed" messages I tried adding it manually to be allowed - but that didn't help either.. Mysterious as I'm not having other similar issues, might be some sort of one in a million issue I guess... It seems to work perfectly for everyone else so perhaps there's something weird with my copy of Windows 7 (64-bit) or something else on my end..

Thanks for letting me know roughly how often new updates arise, and another thumbs up for your dedication to this baby :tu:

1.76 is online.

- fixed: screen titles and numbers updating
- fixed: crash and/or wrong length parameters on sample analysis
- fixed: origin of files not recognized on some files
- fixed (at least I hope so): mouse event loss when shortcut support enabled
- fixed: redraw artifacts
- fixed: slow drawing and text output on some graphics cards
- fixed: wrong values on sound card switching

Further I added an option to disable the window menu and the title bar buttons, because in window mode they can interfere with windows system shortcuts. If you set this to disabled, the only way to quit the application is the exit button on the very first screen (the same way as it used to be when using full screen mode).

blacktomcat666 wrote:1.76 is online.

- fixed: screen titles and numbers updating
- fixed: crash and/or wrong length parameters on sample analysis
- fixed: origin of files not recognized on some files
- fixed (at least I hope so): mouse event loss when shortcut support enabled
- fixed: redraw artifacts
- fixed: slow drawing and text output on some graphics cards
- fixed: wrong values on sound card switching

Further I added an option to disable the window menu and the title bar buttons, because in window mode they can interfere with windows system shortcuts. If you set this to disabled, the only way to quit the application is the exit button on the very first screen (the same way as it used to be when using full screen mode).
Thanks mate for the updates.:-)

Version 1.77 is available. You are very busy. Thanks for that. :D

PietW. wrote:Version 1.77 is available. You are very busy. Thanks for that. :D
:)

1.77 includes some further fixes and improvements of the graphics engine. I did a complete reprogramming of the needed parts of the graphics library, dropped unnecessary functions and optimized the remaining ones.

An example: One of my test systems using a Nvidia 7900 GTX needed up to 5 seconds to show all elements of a page. This delay was caused by an incomplete implementation of the window refreshing in the WINBGIM library. Now it only takes some ms to build a page.

One of the next steps will include a rewriting of the update function, which works much too inflexible at the moment. Okay, this is also not a "killer feature" but I'd like to keep the code as simple as possible. This change will include that the executable is renamed simply to "Audio-Term", so you don't have to set a new desktop shortcut after every update run.

Return to “Soundware”