Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

JD Gaffe wrote:Why for all things am I not able to simply init a patch in the demo :( I never try out a synth via its presets..
disabled in demo version ... this was the main reason, why i needed so much time to get into ElectraX and now again ... these templates ... and then 10 minutes to reset and try :shock:
"It dreamed itself along"

Saurus with DIVA compare? Turns your brain once again. DIVA is the new Reference in analog sound.

Igro wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:What is more analog, DIVA or Saurus? I think a Decay envelope shows everything:

Here is the audio file(DIVA first):
http://www.box.com/s/ba0d8fa058a2dabdf47c
I just made a sample of a basic Decay with Saurus myself using a single Sawtooth and the 24dB LPF. Here is the result (ZIP includes both picture and WAV file):
https://rapidshare.com/files/3264865894 ... Test_1.zip

First my example seems to look different (closer to Diva) and second how does it show which is more analog?
Also in real analog synth there are many different kinds of analog slopes.
What you talk about is maybe "snappy" envelopes and not "analog" envelopes.

Ingo
"snappy" means attack. I referred to Decay tails. Use filtered saw and you will hear(I work with headphones) how abrupt it is. Just use Attack and Decay and keep note till the decay fade away.

BTW, YOUR own sample is clearly showing how abrupt is the decay. Others can download your file and i think they will confirm it.
I used a filtered Saw for my example. And the shape of the decay in my example is different which is strange. I used an Attack value of 0 so what do you mean with abrupt? If i use a longer Decay time it would be longer.

Maybe you could post the test preset which you used for Saurus if it's not one you want to keep secret.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:What is more analog, DIVA or Saurus? I think a Decay envelope shows everything:

Here is the audio file(DIVA first):
http://www.box.com/s/ba0d8fa058a2dabdf47c
I just made a sample of a basic Decay with Saurus myself using a single Sawtooth and the 24dB LPF. Here is the result (ZIP includes both picture and WAV file):
https://rapidshare.com/files/3264865894 ... Test_1.zip

First my example seems to look different (closer to Diva) and second how does it show which is more analog?
Also in real analog synth there are many different kinds of analog slopes.
What you talk about is maybe "snappy" envelopes and not "analog" envelopes.

Ingo
"snappy" means attack. I referred to Decay tails. Use filtered saw and you will hear(I work with headphones) how abrupt it is. Just use Attack and Decay and keep note till the decay fade away.

BTW, YOUR own sample is clearly showing how abrupt is the decay. Others can download your file and i think they will confirm it.
I used a filtered Saw for my example. And the shape of the decay in my example is different which is strange. I used an Attack value of 0 so what do you mean with abrupt? If i use a longer Decay time it would be longer.

Maybe you could post the test preset which you used for Saurus if it's not one you want to keep secret.

Ingo
Ingo, I'm referring to a Decay tail shape. The DIVA Decay tail fade away smoothly and you CAN'T catch the moment where it's disappearing. It's because DIVA's decay is gated at much higher resolution. In Saurus it's happening too fast and too audible. Like sombody just cut it with knife)) Wear your headphones and listen to your own sample.

Igro wrote: Ingo, I'm referring to a Decay tail shape. The DIVA Decay tail fade away smoothly and you CAN'T catch the moment where it's disappearing. It's because DIVA's decay is gated at much higher resolution. In Saurus it's happening too fast and too audible. Like sombody just cut it with knife)) Wear your headphones and listen to your own sample.
Hi,

i still got problems understanding your point.

Here is another example (again picture + WAV file) where i used a longer Decay time:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3518668127 ... Test_2.zip

The strange thing is that the shape of the Decay in your Saurus example looks different to mine.
Like i already mentioned maybe you could post the Fxp file of the Saurus preset you made (maybe by PM if you don't want to post it in public). If you used the demo (or do you use the full version?) you could still save fxp files with the DAW and i could reopen it.

BTW of course the envelopes of Diva and Saurus are different (and even Diva got at least 3 different ones) but this does not show if it's analog or not.

UPDATE:
I was cutting the sample before doing Normalization so i was missing a part of the sample. I corrected the files in the link above.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote: Ingo, I'm referring to a Decay tail shape. The DIVA Decay tail fade away smoothly and you CAN'T catch the moment where it's disappearing. It's because DIVA's decay is gated at much higher resolution. In Saurus it's happening too fast and too audible. Like sombody just cut it with knife)) Wear your headphones and listen to your own sample.
Hi,

i still got problems understanding your point.

Here is another example (again picture + WAV file) where i used a longer Decay time:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2469948687 ... Test_2.zip

The strange thing is that the shape of the Decay in your Saurus example looks different to mine.
Like i already mentioned maybe you could post the Fxp file of the Saurus preset you made (maybe by PM if you don't want to post it in public). If you used the demo (or do you use the full version?) you could still save fxp files with the DAW and i could reopen it.

BTW of course the envelopes of Diva and Saurus are different (and even Diva got at least 3 different ones) but this does not show if it's analog or not.

Ingo
I made zoom based on your file(hope you understand what I'm talking about):
Do you have headphones or not?

The bottom line for me, is tone2's marketing blurb is aggressive to the point of being a bit ugly. I've bought most of their synths on their own merit - i.e. they're unique and they sound amazing. But that kind of marketing, at least to me personally, is a bit of a putoff.

And I'd LOVE to know what synth the "competitor's VA sawtooth" was captured from :lol:

Also, for those looking for an init patch in Saurus - if you go into the "tutorials" preset list and choose a preset called "Sine", there's a very simple sine patch, though you'll have to adjust the tone and filter settings to get out of sinewave territory.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Igro wrote:
Hi,

i was cutting the sample before i normalized it so maybe i removed a part of the sample. I corrected the files in my last link. Maybe you could check that again.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:
Hi,

i was cutting the sample before i normalized it so maybe i removed a part of the sample. I corrected the files in my last link. Maybe you could check that again.

Ingo
I will check. But have you checked?

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:
Hi,

Ingo
Your new file. Is The problem still not obvious for you Ingo? If not, i can't help with that anymore...And why you don't give a chance to your host to play file to the end? Why you cut it?? But even if you give enough time to your host to play your preset, the picture will be the same.And use ZOOM.Image
Last edited by Igro on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LeVzi wrote:Think you need to RTM more tbh m8. You obviously dunno how to use a computer.
What an incredibly ignorant statement. I've been using computers....to make music....since the mid 1980's. I've installed and uninstalled literally dozens and dozens of demos over the years.....with absolutely no problem. I now have about a hundred plugins installed on my computer and use many of them every day.....without a problem.

I think you need to MYOB more thb m8.... None of what I posted concerns you at all...now move along..... :roll:

Oh wait I see the link to Tone 2 in your signature. Now it makes sense...you're just playing lap dog.....Oh and by the way I own and have Firebird+ and Warmverb installed on my computer and several NFR copies of plugins I got while beta testing for ReFx....and Markus before Tone2 and also tested Gladiator.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Igro wrote:
Yes, i have tried with the plugin (not the sample) again. Looks like more a problem with the sample editing. With the plugin it seems to be quite smooth to me. I'll do another try to enlarge the sample as big as possible to not cut off any audio.

UPDATE:
Here is my last try. Now really no audio should be cut off:

Sounds smooth enough to my taste. Anyway if there is a difference it not for or against sounding analog but a bout a difference in the envelopes.
Igro wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Your new file. Is The problem still not obvious for you Ingo? If not, i can't help with that anymore...And why you don't give a chance to your host to play file to the end? Why you cut it?? But even if you give enough time to your host to play your preset, the picture will be the same.And use ZOOM.
I recorded the audio directly into Steinberg Wavelab Elements 7. Looks like i edited the file wrong at the first two tries.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

This thread just keeps getting weirder. Can't follow it anymore at all. Amazing that this little nice but mediocre synth has accumulated 85 pages. I have decided that tone2 must make inflammatory posts and marketing blurbs on purpose. They really seem to bring out strong opinions in people, resulting in massive threads like this one. I think it's the "Any publicity is good publicity" mentality. I'm seeing now that it's possibly a stroke of genius! Plus they have the good cop/bad cop thing going on with they're spokespeople as well. I haven't made up my mind yet on this synth but I'm enjoying the show!!! And it keeps me coming back and demoing again. :)

zvenx wrote:
There actually was a 'problem' where if you clicked on many places in the top portion of the vsti when it came out that it would go to the tone 2 site.....It was later changed, but I certainly remember emailing Bastiaan about it, as it was a huge nuisance.

rsp

edit:

here it was:

I thought it was just the demo, but everytime I click near your browser on ElectraX it takes me online to your site......please please please don't let it do that.. it becomes very annoying, very quickly.
thanks
rsp
Thank you zvenx. It's been over a year and I didn't remember exactly what happened. I just remember ElectraX calling home with maddening frequency......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:
Yes, i have tried with the plugin (not the sample) again. Looks like more a problem with the sample editing. With the plugin it seems to be quite smooth to me. I'll do another try to enlarge the sample as big as possible to not cut off any audio.

UPDATE:
Here is my last try. Now really no audio should be cut off:

Sounds smooth enough to my taste. Anyway if there is a difference it not for or against sounding analog but a bout a difference in the envelopes.

Ingo
I will try it. But you still didn't answer me. Have you used headphones? It's all obvious, no problem with sample editing software, it't just crappy decay envelope. Diva is example of a quality envelope.

Return to “Instruments”