Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Igro wrote:
Ingonator wrote: If i zoom in at the right part of the picture from my last try i only see the base line now.
Don't worry, I do that for you. Your zoom is not-working I suppose.
First is not zoomed:
Did another try now and zoomed in like you. I get an idea what you mean now but i had to zoom in until a volume of only around -50dB.

Anyway like i already mentioned i don't know if this comparison makes really sense.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Did another try now and zoomed in like you. I get an idea what you mean now but i had to zoom in until a volume of only around -50dB.

Anyway like i already mentioned i don't know if this comparison makes really sense.

Ingo
I guess the point is that it resembles old low quality vst synths more than hardware synths. I too think that synths should have envelopes that fade out properly.. just like they do on analog and va hardware synths.

Haven't tried the demo yet, so i can't comment if this is the case here.. but -50 db does sound like a level you could easily spot.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Let's not forget that this could be the behavior of one of the synths they analyzed? (not intended to sound sarcastic though i know it sounds like that.. :))
:hug:

Ingonator wrote: Anyway like i already mentioned i don't know if this comparison makes really sense.
No, doesn't make sense at all. I wonder what we are talking about, honestly.
A lot of people said that they don't like technical details but prefer to ear how an instrument sounds. Well, I'm playing right now with the other sound designers preset sounds for the first time, and I'm really having a lot of fun! :love:

So, in conclusion, should i get it or not? Diva is impossible for me since it's cpu heavy (honestly i also thinks Diva is the best sounding soft synth in the world right now) and i don't want to freeze all the time since it's inconvenient.

Mostly for my tracks now i use massive,twin 2 and ana. Does saurus have something different that these 3 synth doesn't have?

(Tried the demo, but 10 minute is too short to get an impression)
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:So, in conclusion, should i get it or not?
Well I think that just like for everything it's very subjective. You have do judge for yourself by deeply evaluating Saurus.
(Tried the demo, but 10 minute is too short to get an impression)
I must admit that the 10 minutes limitation is very short. I hope Markus will increase the time out (a synth like Saurus deserve more time to be explored and appreciated).

eytanmich123 wrote:
ttoz wrote:I wish it did kind of sound like Diva but with the new cpu load so i could use a few instances realtime and have an entirely analog sounding track.
What IS "analog sounding track" ?
Probably not to most people's taste here, but I think this is rather analogue-sounding": http://soundcloud.com/mike-leghorn/venus

The blatant fanboy mentality shown in this thread is getting quite tedious now. Maybe instead of non stop attempts to discredit Saurus in favour of DIVA we could stick to this being a congratulations thread for a another great synth to hit the market giving people even more choice than they had before.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

xh3rv wrote:
Sendy wrote:am I imagining it or is there even a bit of DC offset on that wave (the blurb wave, not bmrzycki's one).
The upper peaks above the center line are shorter by ~1/3rd ([e] checked in image editor).
Ah, but the areas above / below zero appear to be the same or at least very close. No DC imho.

Howard wrote:
eytanmich123 wrote:
ttoz wrote:I wish it did kind of sound like Diva but with the new cpu load so i could use a few instances realtime and have an entirely analog sounding track.
What IS "analog sounding track" ?
Probably not to most people's taste here, but I think this is rather analogue-sounding": http://soundcloud.com/mike-leghorn/venus
:love: (Venus, of course ... i'm in heaven) :wink:
"It dreamed itself along"

I somehow find it a bit funny that a guy who has a tone2 link in his signature talks about the blatant fanboy mentality.

Mark Mosher has created a short video which shows a life performance of Tone2 Saurus. Thank you Mark!
This is single patch improvisation recorded in one pass with no edits using Tone2's virtual Synthesizer Saurus. A single instance of Saurus is used with no other effects or editing other than what is built-into the synth. I'm starting with a factory patch in the "Lead" bank called "1970s Soloist H". I only touch the computer once during the performance in the middle to turn up the gain in the mod matrix so that LFO modulates pitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-scMPERoIlQ

---------

The time limit for the demo version of Saurus will be extended to 30 minutes.
You can get unlimied additional demo time by reloading the plugin or by restarting the Saurus standalone version.

So far no serious bugs have been reported in Saurus. Saurus v1.0 has been reported as stable in all known hosts.

A very large number of people have decided to purchase Saurus. That's why we will try to release additonal soundsets as soon as possible.

filter303 wrote:I somehow find it a bit funny that a guy who has a tone2 link in his signature talks about the blatant fanboy mentality.
+1

I just want a decent demo and some tempering of the marketing hype. I just tried the demo again, in standalone mode, and really, I'm not very impressed by the presets and the synth doesn't feel very musical to me, but that may be the work of the preset designers who are maybe more 'modern' dance oriented, I primarily was looking for nuanced e-piano type stuff and it doesn't seem to be Saurus' forte, which is fine, just I can't make a decent patch in 10 minutes with my limited skills. And the low-pitched demo speak really ennerves me :) I would really rather just have some white noise periodically.

Ironically, it is the non-analog sounds from Saurus that impress me the most. But a few patches are pretty cool, those that I could get to before the demo timed out. I liked one patch particularly but can't find it again. There seem to be a lot of weird interface issues too, like the misleading arrows, and scrolling through a bank of presets will send you into a new bank, not cycle back through the current set. Just not as I expected at all. And what is the excuse for the ugly pixelated keyboard, is that actually by design?
Last edited by braj on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

filter303 wrote:I somehow find it a bit funny that a guy who has a tone2 link in his signature talks about the blatant fanboy mentality.
There's a big difference between the fan boy mentality and advertising.

Do you see me popping up in other dev's threads running down their synths promoting Tone2 stuff ? No you don't. It's called respect for that dev. Something that hasn't been shown here hardly at all.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

MaxSynths wrote:Well I think that just like for everything it's very subjective.
This.

My main criterion for judgement of a musical instrument or effect is whether it gets my inner child jumping up and down with excitement. Even if someone can prove "objectively" that product X is better than something you're excited about, what use is it if it won't inspire you?

Return to “Instruments”