I Need a Synth (or synth sound) that is sweet, gentle, and warm

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yuo could try NI Komplete Elements? you can pick it up for £40 and has several soft synths you might find useful like Spark and Photone.
Sound Sonic Team
www.soundsonic.com

The sweetest-sounding VA I have tried is ACE. It's not too expensive and you can try the demo. Someone was selling a license here this week. On the expensive side you have Diva.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

One of the nicest, sweetest, warmest sounding vsti's I have used for many years is the M42 Nebula by Algomusic and the late, great TConrardy.

It's probably what you are looking for.

Mike

ntom wrote:Isn't ZebraCM Mac only?
No. It's both for windows and mac.
I'm a little surprised that you don't have a CM issue.
There's lots of great things on there.
Like I said. ZebraCM and this
http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/zc ... M_2010.zip
Your there.

ntom wrote:Yes, I know, I created a pretty similar topic in this same forum fairly recently, but this is different, I promise.
I am looking for either a synthesizer that can create gentle, sweet, warm sounds, or looking for someone who has ideas on how to program a sound that is sweet, gentle, and warm.

I would prefer a FREE synth, but if I can't get that, it needs to be less than $45, actually preferably much less than that. I don't get another paycheck for a month, so the more money I can save, the better.
It's $99 but I'd like to recommend Discovery http://www.discodsp.com/discovery/

Sweet, gentle, and ......... warm : If you have the UK CM magazine just install the PolyKB II Player wich come in it. :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Second vote for SQ8L. It's free and something about it always feels nostalgic to me. It could definitely fill the role in you current sound but with a rather unique, retro flavor that would fit quite nicely.

OP-X PLAYER - $39 - comes with hundreds of patches

---

Maybe try Zynewave's Podium? I get some rather sweet sound from this free synth without changing the appropriate presets much.

I forgot to thank everyone for their input. So, here I am: Thank you!
I took a look at almost every synth posted and tried all of them out...sadly I didn't have much luck with really any of the ones posted. I found an OKAY sound that will do for now that came from Zebrallete. The Reaktor Player is great! Some of the sounds didn't work for the melody but have come in handy at other bits.
So, again, thank you everyone :)

Per Telenator:
Maybe I am mistaken but it looks to me that Zynewave's Podium is a host, not a synth...

jobromedia wrote:Omnisphere can do such sounds. It all really comes down to the composer at the other end. I'm struggling myself with getting mellow gentle tones sometimes, but it is worth the time it takes to get the sound right because when it's right then I save a preset that I reuse when needed. Omni costs a tad bit, but it is worth it's weight in gold!
Where can you buy Omnisphere for $45?

Nucleum, not the host Podium. Zynewave makes a really nice, intuitive and free synth called Nucleum that you can download at the Podium website. He's produced a few top-notch VST's, too. Although it's impossible to know exactly what kind of sound or soft you're looking for, Nucleum came to mind immediately -- some soft-sounding presets right "out of the box," basically. It is free, maybe check it out. Works with all other hosts I've tried just fine. The whole Zynewave thing is kind of one of the best-kept secrets in all of DAW and VST-world.

The Telenator wrote:...Although it's impossible to know exactly what kind of sound or soft you're looking for...
That's the problem...I don't even know what sound would work well! I wish I had some sort of idea because if I could find a decent preset that comes even mildly close to what I was thinking, I am certain I can work on the preset from their to the sound I want...but I don't know what I want.

From listening and according to the feel of the song, I was thinking a more subtle, legato sound with some warmth in it might be what I am looking for because to me the entire song has a "cold" feeling to it.

I'll check out Nucleam and perhaps some of the other plugins as well.

EDIT:

and wow...finding it isn't as easy and KVR-plugin search or a quick google search. I checked the Zynewave website, no luck. Nothing turned up on KVR, and it's not on the first 2 pages of google when doing a search for "Nucleum VST"
Not much luck with "Zynewave Nucleum VST" either

It occurred to me later -- I think the Nucleum Synth is easier to find if you go to the Wiki page for Zynewave Podium -- the Zynewave Wiki, that is. It is a curious situation. Podium is a real sleeper of a DAW. I use both it and REAPER these days, having left all the rest behind for various reasons and issues. They work together well in ReWire, also. Some here do know about Podium but it has always been a rather quiet issue; Podium is a real sleeper compared to all the others, but it's meanwhile become my favorite. Zynewave is a guy named Frits, who used to do a lot of designing for TC Electronics.

Regarding your ordeal over the search for that certain sound, it reminds me of where I end up when constructing some songs. I'll know I want a particular event at some location, but I can't fully figure out what needs to happen there. I just know that something is supposed to be there and usually have only a glimmer of a solution.

If some of the sounds you have tried come off as too clean, harsh, cold or digital, keep in mind that you can soften sounds subtly with plugins such as Variety Of Sound/Bootsy's FerricTDS or others that introduce perhaps a touch of drive or simulated tape distortion. Some call it "warming the track." Even some soft synths that mimic analog sound still (to my ears, anyway) sound too harsh or else sound like digital trying to do analog. This trick probably won't get you all the way but can get you a good 10% on the tone. Just thought I'd mention this, as I use the technique often without overdoing it and get good results.

Try a rhodes or some other electric piano sound. It's similar in nature but warmer in tone to your example.

Also EQ is your best friend.

Return to “Instruments”